*• Chapter 18: I Love You •*

Right when I got home, my mom came rushing towards me, a bag in her hand. Without a word, she took my arm and dragged me to my room with Cooper chasing us as we went.

"Mom what's this abo-"

"A-buh-buh, this is you're last homecoming and you need to look your best. The dress I bought from Vegas, was exactly for this occasion." She sat me in front of my vanity mirror and closed my bedroom door.

"Now let your momma do the work."

— • — • —

This woman spent at least two hours trying to get me ready. She curled my hair and put it in a bun, then put in hair spray to keep it from coming undone. She even put on some makeup. Well, not that much just some blush and a bit of lipgloss. And the dress, well the dress was absolutely lovely.

It was creamy white, with off shoulder puff sleeves and it sparkles a little bit

It was creamy white, with off shoulder puff sleeves and it sparkles a little bit. Mom even bought a few accessories to go with it. "Oh my goodness, Amazon Dodger. You look like a princess." My mom held back a few tears and covered her mouth. "I wouldn't say a princess." I chuckle, looking at myself in the mirror.

"What do you think Coop?" I ask the large Dalmatian laying on the floor. He just barked in response and I smiled. "Well cmon, lets show your father." My mom shuffled me out of my room and down towards the stairs.

We took so long that I didn't even know Jagger was already here to pick me up

We took so long that I didn't even know Jagger was already here to pick me up. When he looked up at me from the seat in the living room his eyes just went wide. "Wow, Zon. You look..." He fumbled, trying to find words. "Like a princess, right?" My mom finished for him and he nodded.

My dad then came into the room and smiled. A tear formed in his eye and he quickly wiped it away. "You look wonderful Zi." He told me and I sent a smile his way.

After a few pictures, we went into Jagger's car. "I didn't know you could drive." I joked and he laughed. "Shut up." He chuckled, starting the car engine and drive off towards school.

— • — • —

When we got to the gym, the whole place was crowded. Music was playing, a whole bunch of teens screaming, and basically, just a whole lot of people having a good time. "I'm going to find Dina, alright?" I tell Jagger and he nodded before giving a quick peck on my cheek.