✯ᴏɴᴇ✯

Winter has its own magic and its own glee that makes you wish for someone special with whom you can share warmth and enjoy the festive season of winter together.

Exactly how the entire world was doing right now, celebrating time of joy and happiness with their loved ones. Sharing of jovial presents and mouth watering meals with extra sweetness hidden beneath the desserts later.

The chimes of jingle bells, the non stop playing of holiday playlists and decorating homes and streets with beaming lights under the falling snow.

Christmas time is the happiest time of the year.

But not for certain two, including a 23 year old student Jungkook who has some unforgettable painful memories attached to this day.

He just hates how people get anticipated for this day while he just feels anxious and frustrated about everything, especially when all those painful memories would come together flooding in his head.

He hates this feeling of being alone when he should not be but there's nothing he can do.

And it was another day of that frustrating winter holiday when he had to get ready to start the day after getting himself a cup of coffee.

He tries to stay outside for a longer time than staying in the home because home is where he feels alone and misses someone very terribly.

Wearing his black pants with shoes and a brown coat on top, Jungkook checked himself in the mirror. Despite all those expensive clothes, his face was contrasting with his look.

He had to fake a smile that dropped instantly and he sighed at his failed attempt. He had to stay strong because he was getting closer to that terrible day, Christmas. The day when two years ago he broke up with Taehyung.

Why? It's a long story that Jungkook for now doesn't want to think of, so he distracted himself from his thoughts and made his way to the door.

He stopped in his foyer, standing in front of the cloth-stand where his hat and muffler was hanging effortlessly.

The same red woolen muffler that he never forgets to wear around his neck, thinking as if they are Taehyung's slender arms wrapped around his neck.

"Why does my muffler look even better around your neck?"

"Is that so?"

"Yeah."

"But I like your arms wrapped around my neck instead."

"Like that?"

"Like that."

He shook his head to get out of his thoughts as he tangled the muffler around his neck without any delay. He then checked himself in the mirror again and this time, the smile came out effortlessly but with a hidden pain inside his eyes.

He misses Taehyung so much.

~✯~

The weather was very harsh and Taehyung was not feeling himself today.

He just came back to Seoul from his city Daegu, the weather of Seoul was comparatively very chilly and freezing.

If it wasn't for his sister's wedding, which was just prior to Christmas, Taehyung would never come here but he has no choice but to feel empty even in the crowded hall.

He misses someone so much and this city reminds him of his ex even more.

The house where he was staying was in a whole new rush. His family was gathered for holidays and his sister's wedding and Taehyung was left alone to do nothing.

He wanted to follow peace so he finally stood up, carrying his coat and walking out of the house to get himself some warm coffee.

He could notice the winter snow enchanting every corner of street, the mistletoe and bells adorning the shops and bakeries.

Taehyung let his head down and tried not to notice the appealing street and followed the road at the end of which was his destination, the Jung's cafe, the place where he remembers his first confession, his first date, his first kiss and also his first heartbreak.

"Kookie?"

"Baby?"

"Can we take some brownies home? They taste insanely delicious."

"Okay baby and also.."

"Yeah?"

"Can I talk you home as well? Your lips seem to taste better than any dessert."

"Ahhhhh...noooo...."

Closing his eyes, Taehyung turned around, wanting to escape the place as soon as he could but then a voice called from behind, catching his attention.

"What a pleasant surprise? Am I dreaming or what? Is this really Kim Taehyung here?" An enchanting melodious voice called and Taehyung could see that bright smile behind the glass door of the cafe that opened to welcome him.

"Jung Hoseok?" Taehyung asked and Hoseok flashed his bright smile and didn't take much to engulf Taehyung in his arms who did the same with full enthusiasm.

"Look who's here today?" Hoseok exclaimed and Taehyung just smiled.

"I just came here yesterday. It's so great to see you. How are you?" Taehyung asked, looking at him up and down while holding his arms firmly, the smile never leaving his lips.

"I'm amazing. How about you? You have no idea how fast my heartbeat is right now to see you." Hoseok confessed and Taehyung smiled widely before leaning in to give him another tight hug.

"Must have heard about my sister, so I had to come, you know." Taehyung spoke after breaking apart.

"Oh yes, I got an invitation too. I'm really happy for her, I hope everything goes well after the holidays." Hoseok said, talking about Taehyung's sister's wedding that was in the middle of January, but they decided to shift it earlier than Christmas means it gonna be soon and Taehyung had to stay for Christmas as well as the new year.

"I hope so."

"Why are you standing here? Let's have some coffee." Hoseok wrapped his one arm around Taehyung's shoulder before dragging him into the cafe and his heart paced up as soon as he entered the cafe.

Everything was literally the same, the same walls, the same furniture, the same aroma and the same memories.

He knew it was about to be tough to spend his time there but more of a surprise was waiting for him.

────✯────

Hey guys

So here's the first chapter of the story.

Keep your comments reaching me.

Wish you guys a very merry Christmas ⛄🎄

Hope you guys enjoyed!