✯ꜰᴏᴜʀ✯

"J-Jungkook…"

Taehyung let his name out from his mouth, voice shaky in hesitation and longingness while Jungkook froze in his tracks, eyes about to get teary again.

Taehyung didn't say anything after that, staring at his back with yearning eyes while Jungkook waited for him to say something, wanting to turn his head to him very desperately.

"Uh sorry I got late-" suddenly Hoseok walked into the scene, eyes falling on Jungkook and Taehyung behind him as soon as he turned into the private section.

Hoseok froze in his tracks too, analyzing the situation by wandering his eyes on both of them back and forth.

"Wait oh ah.. Jungkook is here too. Wow." Hoseok laughed fakely, having no choice but to pretend cool.

"Let's have some coffee, c'mon." Hoseok asked Jungkook, hand on his shoulder and a huge smile on his lips.

"No thanks… I am caught up with something." Jungkook said simply and took steps ahead.

"But wait… Jungkook."

But Jungkook didn't stop and left.

Hoseok finally looked at Taehyung after averting his gaze from the glass door.

His eyes fell on Taehyung's hand, still holding an ice cube, about to melt and vanish.

Taehyung was unknown to what was happening with his hand, all he was focused on was Jungkook who now left.

"Oh God, what happened? Are you okay?" Hoseok rushed to Taehyung, taking his hand into his own and finding redness all over his skin.

Taehyung finally looked down at his hand, realising that it had turned completely numb.

Taehyung's permy bangs fell on his forehead as he looked down, covering his eyes and also the tears in them.

"How did it happen?" Hoseok asked with worries, holding his hand gently.

"C-coffee… it was splashed mistakenly." Taehyung answered, gaze still focused down.

"Hey… are you okay?" Hoseok asked and peeked to see his face clearly, just to only find tears in his eyes.

And it was it when Hoseok couldn't help but slowly curl his arms to hug his pain away.

"Tae…" he whispered sadly and Taehyung started weeping against his shoulder.

"J-Jungkook…!? Jungkook are you there? Please say something Jungkook. I… I'm so sorry. I d-didn't know… Jungkook? Jungkook please say something. Hello?" Taehyung kept sobbing on the other side of the phone and so did Jungkook.

Eyes flooding non stop, and heart aching painfully. It became common for Jungkook since his mother passed away.

He needed a hand to hold, a shoulder to cry on and a pair of arms to comfort him. Though his friend Hoseok was there but he still needed Taehyung more than anything else in the world.

But he just couldn't, he just couldn't rely on Taehyung knowing they belong to different worlds. They are separated by the indifference created by the society.

He was hurt, hurt how they were not equal in eyes of others, definitely not in eyes on Taehyung's parents.

It hurts to even think of Taehyung hating him, it hurts to see how he cried when he walked away while Jungkook couldn't just do anything and let him go away.

He still remembers the way Taehyung slapped him which bruised his heart, knowing he must have hurt Taehyung to the extent of him reacting like that but he stayed quiet, let that pain ping against his cheek. Out of all the reactions, he only chose silence of helplessness, the only weapon he was using against everyone.

Silence and just deadly silence.

He tried to stop Taehyung, tried to fix everything and tell him his reasons but Taehyung chose to walk away, accusing him and blaming him for something he never did and Jungkook was left alone with nothing but pain and heart clenching with painful memories of his mother, and forever love.

"J-Jungkook… p-please…. I'm so sorry… please say something. I didn't know anything… Jungkook? Why didn't you tell me!? Jungkook!??"

But Jungkook chose to let him cry and plead, even though he hated it but he has no choice. So he finally cut the call, switched off his phone and let Taehyung cry that night all alone.

And that night Jungkook decided to stay all alone, with his mother's essence in his home and Taehyung's memories.

It was enough for him to survive, though he was dead from inside.

And knowing how his mother has left him who despite the difficulties in her life,  always supported her son and never made him feel out of box but now that she's gone, Jungkook felt hopeless and useless. He's alone in his fight and simply very weak. So he rather let himself lose.

"I… I t-tried to a-apologize… he hates me now." Taehyung whispered and Hoseok's eyes softened, hands rubbing his back continuously.

"He needs time Tae… he needs some time…"

"It's been two years… he is over me. He hates me." Taehyung repeated, helplessness burning his heart brutally.

Hoseok didn't want to say anything, not wanting to interfere with their personal issue but he couldn't hold himself back from saying the truth.

"He still cares… and you know too." Hoseok whispered and Taehyung broke the hug, lips whimpering as he looked at Hoseok's face with hope in his eyes.

Taehyung never believed to see him again and now that he did, that to be with his muffler around his neck for sure had so many questions in his head.

If Jungkook didn't care then why this? Why didn't he let him suffer in the burning pain? Why did he rush to comfort him, hold and wipe his hand?

"H-hobi… I… I wanna see him again." Taehyung pleaded, eyes guilty and hurt.

"I swear he too and I know you both will." Taehyung sniffled, unsure of what was going to happen.

He was there for just a few more days and may leave back home after celebrating Christmas with his family and at the same time he wanted to give himself a chance, though he tried his best but he couldn't unlove Jungkook and move on.

"B-but how?" Taehyung asked hoplessly.

"Your sister is his very good friend and he will come… definitely will." Hoseok assured and Taehyung stared into space, yes Hoseok was right.

His sister's wedding is earlier than Christmas.

But not sure if he'll come for just her or maybe him too?

────✯────

I know guys, you must have a lot of questions regarding this book and everything that's going on.
Don't worry everything will be answered eventually.

This book is half way into present and half into future so it's a bit confusing.

Hope you guys enjoyed!