✯ᴇɪɢʜᴛ✯

Time flew by effortlessly as the holidays were around, everything was jolly.

The streets began to fill with jingles and giggles, the shimmer of snowflakes with the lights, radiating each and every corner of the town as Christmas eve was there.

Taehyung had never been so anticipated before as much as he did on this Christmas Eve, choosing his best outfit for the day he joined his family on the dinner table, legs desperately shaking as he tried to eat fast.

"Tae, you're literally staring at your watch for hours. At least have your dinner." Irene scolded, watching her brother's desperation.

"Uh, I had a lot. No more." He lied, placing his fork and knife down.

"I thought you would be happy to have me but it seems like the other way round." Irene said, making Taehyung's gaze to fix her.

"No ... it's not. I just... ah, Hobi invited me over so I have to go." 

"You could have just told me?"

"Anyway I have to go." He got up hastily.

"Sorry noona, it's been a long time since I met them." Taehyung apologized, back hugging his sister shortly and then his parents before carrying up the boxes of presents and walking away.

"When will you be back?" His mother shouted from the back.

"Morning I guess!" He shouted and finally rushed outside, carrying his coat, muffler and wearing Jungkook's sweater underneath.

It was pretty chilly and windy, unlike the other Christmas eves this one was more dark and cold.

But for Taehyung, it's gonna be the best day as Hoseok finally made Jungkook agree to join him on the table.

He bought Jungkook's favorite brownies, wishing for it all to be fixed again. Maybe not everything but at least they can be good friends?

Taehyung was still ready to give in, let down on his knees to try. His selfless attitude had him trying even after years and everyone can see how he was more than just eager to fix it all.

He even tried to stay away but it didn't help him anyhow so that when he was back there, his all determination of never trying again vanished once he saw Jungkook in the cafe for the first time in forever. 

He realised there's only one remedy of that constant pain weighing on his heart and it was to start a better beginning than to act all stupid together, the reason why he hugged Jungkook openly in his sister's wedding was because he let his heart decide over his head.

After requesting Hoseok to help him fix it again, his friend agreed to do everything that he could possibly do for him and Taehyung could finally regain his assurity, a hope rising, maybe yes there was still a chance left.

And later he was peeking into the bags in his hands while walking in the way, determined to work on everything to fix it again.

But what he didn't know is how Hoseok influenced Jungkook who was unaware of having Taehyung that night.

Taehyung was the happiest when he heard Hoseok on the call, telling him that Jungkook will be there on dinner and for the games during Christmas eve, as they always used to have before and hearing Taehyung's voice filled with joy Hoseok couldn't just tell that Jungkook didn't know about his arrival.

Taehyung was happy to think that Jungkook had agreed, finally agreed to meet him and he was thinking of fixing it, not like something else but at least as friends.