✯ᴛᴡᴏ✯

"So how's everything there in Daegu?" Hoseok asked, both him and Taehyung were joining each other on one of the tables of the cafe in the corner.

Taehyung put his cup of coffee down, licking his lips before answering.

"Hectic I guess. I'm doing my masters and also a part time job, so I guess it's pretty hectic." Taehyung answered honestly, Hoseok looking at him with longing and pitiful eyes.

Hoseok knew pretty well why he keeps himself busy. The busy you are, the less time you have to waste on missing someone. But still the solitary nights are painful to spend because thoughts are loudest in silence.

Same goes for Jungkook and Hoseok was completely aware of it. He wished he could fix it but like everyone else he was just as helpless.

Taehyung flicked his wavy hair out of his sight, wiggling his eyebrows at Hoseok, questioning him for his different attitude.

"Ah, nothing. I just can't keep my eyes off you. You have changed a lot." Hoseok said and Taehyung smiled sheepishly.

"And what about you, this handsome owner of a cafe attracts a lot of people here. I can see." Taehyung complimented back and Hoseok radiated his bright smile.

"Ah yeah, it's pretty crowded today but the private section is empty luckily." Hoseok informed and Taehyung looked down, staring into space, swirling his finger around the rim of the cup as he spaced out.

"Kookie... stop, we're in public."

"As if I care. And we are in a private section, baby, Hobi hyung made sure no one invades our privacy." Jungkook said, continuing to trail his lips from Taehyung's cheeks to his lips.

The two were sitting in the same cafe, sitting next to each other on the couch while legs tangled under the table.

They kissed leisurely, soft smooches and

bites enhancing the intensity of their erotic moods. Taehyung didn't want to stop, neither wanted Jungkook to stop but the fact that they were in public made it a bit difficult for them to exceed it.

"Kookie... let's go home. Please." Taehyung pleaded with his shiny eyes, making Jungkook run his fingers through his long hair and down to the cute mullet on his nape.

"As you wish, baby." 

The cafe had always been a place for daily make-outs after college from where the spark would ignite into fire for that they needed to go back home, Jungkook's place and Taehyung's favourite spot.

The two were crazy in love, smitten over each other and completely head over heels for each other, it sounds cliché but they were really just this way.

But everything eventually turned into just a memory, a painful memory of a beautiful past.

"Taehyung?" Hoseok snapped his finger in front of Taehyung who was spacing out recently, lost in his old memories.

"H-huh?" Taehyung jolted slightly, facing Hoseok.

"Sorry that I had to leave for now. I have to collect some items. Just stay here. I'll be here in a while. Finish your cookies." Hoseok informed and smiled while Taehyung nodded in agreement, hugging back Hoseok who bent to hug him shortly.

"Be quick." Taehyung said and Hoseok nodded before rushing out. 

Taehyung looked down at the plate of choco chip cookies. He carried one, simply taking a bite of it which instantly reminded him of Jungkook because they were his favourite.

To say they were Jungkook's favourite won't be completely true because as for now Taehyung ate them so much in Jungkook's memories that they became his favourites.

But the taste of cookies in Hoseok's cafe was exactly the same, just like before and he couldn't help but miss Jungkook even more.

And the fact that Jungkook was in the same city as him had his heart bouncing in both excitement and anxiety and he was wearing his coat that he always wore in his remembrance.

He didn't hope for much but couldn't even try to conceal his feelings for him.

~✯~

Jungkook looked above, the snowflakes leisurely floating and finally falling on his face.

He sighed, a warm air cloud forming in front of his mouth as he rubbed his hands together after pulling out of his pockets.

He was standing in front of his very close and old friend's cafe. He always visits him whenever the lonesome time gets unbearable. He has a very small group of friends but all worth having, same goes for Jung Hoseok, named as their daily dose of Hope.

And now a mere thought of him was enough to spread a smile on Jungkook's lips as he pulled the handle of the glass door, entering the cafe followed by a chime of bells.

Jungkook always enters with a loud call of Hoseok's name but he wasn't seen around the cafe so he looked around in search of him.

The cafe was pretty wide, provided by private tables at the corner that were generally taken by couples so Jungkook didn't dare to check that row, respecting everyone's privacy and simply walking to the counter.

The same old lady, Mrs. Rosey, was busy knitting a sweater with a pair of glasses on her nose.

Hoseok could hire new people in his cafe to take orders on the counter but his attachment to the very old lady from childhood just didn't let that idea pass his mind. 

She was everyone's favourite, including Jungkook whose smile widened to find her.

"Mrs. Rosey, oh what a wonderful morning that I saw you." Jungkook spoke and she looked through her glasses, smiling instantly and trying to get up from the chair.

"Oh... handsome hunk of town is here... here comes my boy." She exclaimed in a shaky old voice and Jungkook scrunched his nose cutely.

"Is Hobi here?"

"Ah... he got a call. He had to collect items. Coffee?" She informed and asked while Jungkook nodded.

"Can I also have some brownies made by Mrs. Rosey's beautiful hands?" Jungkook asked and she smiled, nodding in agreement.

Brownies were now Jungkook's favourite that once were Taehyung's because always having them reminded Jungkook of Taehyung and whenever he would come in the cafe, he would definitely order brownies, sweet like his Taehyung.

Soon she called for a Barista to prepare a coffee and get brownies for Jungkook who looked around in the cafe, no table empty to sit.

"It's all full today." Jungkook whispered.

"Holiday it is... you go sit in the corner, no couple came today." She informed and Jungkook nodded.

"Okay beautiful." Jungkook said and winked, making the old lady laugh hysterically.

"Aigoo, this boy hasn't changed a bit."

Only if she knew how much Jungkook had changed since Taehyung left.

Changes? He was wrecked.

But everything was about to turn upside down, a volcano of suppressed feelings was about to erupt and it finally happened when Jungkook walked into the private section, a familiar figure sitting there, in his old sweater.

────✯────

Hey ya! I'm back after an eternity.
I'm really sorry for disappearing but anyway. Happy 2021!

I will try to update whenever I am able to.

Hope you guys enjoyed!