✯ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ✯

The rush of the surrounding was paused and Jungkook found himself in a stillness.

Is it a dream? Wait... what is happening?

Jungkook blinked several times, no it wasn't a dream. He was really Taehyung sitting on one of the tables.

A silence engulfed him and everything was blurred in his vision, the only focus of his being a cute male settled on a chair afar. The cute male who once belonged to him.

He forgot how to blink, how to keep his breathing from getting abrupt and how to stay calm and still.

He was seeing Taehyung.

What then caught Jungkook's attention was Taehyung's body wrapped with his sweater, looking perfect as always. He even remembers when he gave it to him but never thought that Taehyung still kept it.

He then saw the plate in front of Taehyung had chocolate chip cookies, Jungkook's favourite that they always had on the same table.

Jungkook read every minor detail in an instant as it all belonged to Taehyung.

Taehyung hadn't caught Jungkook standing there, his memories had occupied his attention but for Jungkook he was traumatized, his brain reminding him how Taehyung left him.

"I WILL NEVER COME BACK! I FUCKING HATE YOU!"

Jungkook ran after Taehyung, trying to catch his wrist but Taehyung didn't stop.

"Taehyung... please... wait. Listen to me."

"What do you want me to wait for? It's clear Jungkook. You don't want me anymore. Do I even exist for you? Or I don't?" Taehyung cried, tears rushing uncontrollably.

"Baby..." Jungkook tried to hold his face but Taehyung pushed him away.

"Don't! Just don't."

Taehyung tried to turn the knob but Jungkook put his hand on his, not letting him go away.

Tears rushed down Jungkook's eyes. He was scared, he was scared that Taehyung would leave him any second.

"It's always the same. You just don't care." Taehyung cried, trying to remove Jungkook's hand from top of his.

"Baby please... I'm sorry. I told you I needed time."

"You said you needed space so I gave up but for what!? Should've said that you don't need me anymore but her... I FUCKING HATE YOU." Taehyung shouted and Jungkook closed his eyes, tears rushing down.

"B-baby... no... I still love you. Try to listen to me. Please." Jungkook pleaded, trying to get closer to Taehyung but all he received was a tight slap on his face.

"I SAID I FUCKING HATE YOU! I'M NEVER COMING BACK."

Taehyung broke the last hope in Jungkook's heart with that tight slap.

He had his reasons he clearly couldn't tell.

He thought he was trying but he couldn't do it any more.

His hands couldn't even reach to stop Taehyung anymore. He was taken aback and traumatized by how he slapped him, taking his last opportunity to fix it all.

It took him so much to save this relationship but he knew it was going to sink for better.

Jungkook couldn't stop him anymore. If that's all Taehyung wanted he would let him go even if it would kill him to the core.

As being said... Taehyung never came back to him.

Jungkook still cries remembering Taehyung till this day, he missed everything about him and now watching him sitting in front of him was feeling like a dream.

Jungkook's sight was blurred with tears and he blinked and that was it when Taehyung's gaze finally fell on him.

Jungkook retracted his gaze away and Taehyung blinked to clear his vision.

"Sir, your brownies and coffee are here."

Before Jungkook could walk away, the waiter arrived and placed his order.

Jungkook looked down at his table and gave a nod to him without looking at him.

"Thank you." He said and when his low voice fell into Taehyung's ears, he felt alive.

He was dying to hear him but never thought would ever in his life.

Jungkook was fighting against his will, sitting down despite the tension in the air but keeping his eyes below.

The other hand, Taehyung was mesmerized, traumatized and surprised to see Jungkook again.

And then his eyes caught his old muffler around Jungkook's neck and his favourite brownies on his plate.

Who were they faking? They still cared and it was all clear.

Taehyung was bewildered, not sure what to do, how to act.

His thoughts were in chaos. He wanted to cry, hold Jungkook and tell him he still thinks about him but all of it came together and he closed his eyes.

He wanted an escape.

Taehyung stood up from his table in an attempt to leave but his hand hit the coffee cup, making it fall and sprinkle on his hand and arm, burning him.

Taehyung hissed and looked down at the mess he created, his hand quivering, the coffee was very hot.

Taehyung looked around, searching for something to wipe his hand with but his hand was caught by someone, a handkerchief wiping his hand.

Taehyung looked at the person in front of him, smelling exactly the same way as fresh vanilla would do.

Taehyung's heart was about to explode with the close proximity while Jungkook was busy wiping his hand and arm.

Jungkook was worried as hell, trying to be as gentle as he could and also not daring to look at Taehyung who was mesmerized by him.

Taehyung forgot about his pain, all he could see was Jungkook just so close to him, his mole under his lips, his pretty nose, his mesmerizing face features, his beautiful round eyes.

He was still in love.

"Sir... some ice would help."

The waiter walked into the scene with a bowl of ice cubes.

Jungkook quickly took some in his hands, applying gently on Taehyung's hand and Taehyung let it be, not moving and letting Jungkook do whatever he wanted because all that mattered to him was Jungkook and watching his face was all that he wanted to do, he swore he could do this forever.

The ice eased his burning area and so did Jungkook's presence. Jungkook looked down at his hand, not believing he was holding it.

Jungkook couldn't bring himself to raise his head above and look at him, he just can't or else he will end up hugging him, kissing him and will never stop.

After building up his courage to leave, Jungkook took Taehyung's other hand in his, placing it on his other one so that Taehyung could apply ice on his hand himself.

Jungkook took a step back as he did so and turned around without sparing any glances at Taehyung.

Taehyung's breath hitched, the fading smell of his vanilla scent breaking him apart.

He wanted him closer but Jungkook was walking away and Taehyung finally could feel the pain of how it feels when someone walks away.

Taehyung's eyes blurred with tears, hands still holding the ice in a statue manner. His hands became numb because of the coldness but Taehyung could only feel pain in his chest.

"J-Jungkook..."

And he couldn't wait any longer but called his name, making Jungkook freeze in his tracks.

────✯────

I will try to update whenever I can.

Keep your comments reaching me they keep me inspired.

Hope you guys enjoyed.