✯ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ✯

Jungkook quickly took Taehyung inside and made him lay down on his couch and soon he rushed towards the bottom of the chimney and started throwing wooden logs into it.

Taehyung was trying to open his eyes, watching Jungkook's familiar back from his blurry vision as he tried to open them wider but he felt like his brain was telling him to close his eyes and so were his limbs.

Taehyung was feeling difficulty in breathing properly, his lungs trying to expand but couldn't out of all that coldness.

He could finally see a golden hue in front of his blurry vision and the warmth somewhat could be felt because Jungkook lightened up the chimney for him.

Jungkook rushed to his side after burning the woods, couldn't help but feel nervous and worried as hell.

Taehyung's body temperature was down, definitely causing hypothermia which could be severe if Jungkook didn't give him warmth on time.

It was Christmas night and he barely even knew any known doctor who could come in the very midnight so he needed to do what he could.

He carried Taehyung to lay him down on the carpet near the fire, making sure he's comfortable. He couldn't leave him in his freezing cold clothes so he started taking off them, starting by taking off his upper jacket, finding Taehyung wearing his own sweater.

Jungkook was out of thoughts but it still stole his attention, giving his painful emotions an overflow again.

Meanwhile Taehyung tried to extend his quivering hands towards the other one but he couldn't.

"Tae!? Tae, can you hear me? Tae?" Jungkook asked in a worried tone, watching Taehyung's half opened crescent eyes.

Taehyung's body was not able to move at all, feeling like a block of ice.

Jungkook got even more worried when he didn't get his response so he started rubbing his hands with his own, constantly asking him questions to keep him conscious.

Tears of helplessness and guilt kept falling off Jungkook's eyes, rolling down his cheeks that glistened by the fire.

Taehyung could somewhat see his face, and noticed those shiny droplets that began hurting him.

"T-tae? Taehyung!?? You can hear me right? Talk to me please. Y-you're fine, I know you are. Say something, please." Jungkook repeated, trying his best to warm him up by rubbing his hands, somewhat succeeding in increasing his blood circulation throughout the body.

"Tae!? Tae?"

Jungkook repeated, then bringing Taehyung into his arms, curling his arms around his waist as he looked down at his pale face and making sure that the other one was well exposed to the fire behind him.

"Tae!? Tae… baby… t-talk to me." Jungkook cried, patting Taehyung's cheeks and ruffling his hair to get rid of the snowflakes stuck in them.

He rubbed his head, his back and tapped his shoulders, all causing his body to react to the stimulus and Taehyung was feeling as if his freezing brain was finding some consciousness.

Taehyung could finally feel the warmth, not by the fire but by Jungkook's embrace, his efforts really helping the other.

How could not Jungkook's arms give him warmth?

It was the moment when they forgot his past issues, whatever happened between them. For then all that mattered to Jungkook was just Taehyung.

Because he feared losing him like he lost his family. He feared that this day would come and it came by flashing like a nightmare in front of his eyes.