Chapter 9🥀Party

Hey guys,
y'all will excuse my wrong use of grammar :(

But,
I'll sure appreciate it if you
can point out some of my mistakes

;)

***

🎵Listen to Take you Dancing by Jason Derulo🎶

       *CHICAGO'S POV*

"This dress is too much." I idly mutter to myself.

Alex's party had started half an hour ago and I hadn't gone downstairs yet.

Why ?

Because I'm busy staring at my gown from the full body mirror in the closet.

It's just... how do I put it ; too much.

My makeup is on point and my hair is loose. The gown is a gold coloured strapless dress with a thigh high slit that covers very little.

My six inch stilletos are the same color as my gown.

Wes had ordered all of this yesterday but I hadn't had time to check them

Speaking of Wes.

Him and I had made an agreement ; I was to pretend to be his girlfriend while staying at the mansion and in return, he was to let me live my social life.

I took the deal without hesitation.

I needed my freedom.

I just had to show his father, Jayda and any guest at the mansion that we were head over heels for each other. Wes' father,  Richard Hughes wasn't happy about Wes dating a common girl like me.

I roll my eyes ; rich people problems.

He was angry at Wes when he introduced me as his girlfriend the other day. Jayda, the lady Richard was with that day suggested we have dinner at their place and Richard agreed. I came to learn she's  Richard's wife. Dean and Jean's step mother.

"Are you done Ms Brook ?"

I turn to see Ellen examining me from the door.

"You look beautiful Ms Brook." She says and I smile at her compliment.

"Mr Hughes is waiting for you." She says as she leaves.

I check myself one last time in the mirror and head for the door. When I open it Wes is leaning on the door frame holding a single white rose. A smirk plastered on his handsome face.

He looks immaculate in his black tuxedo paired with a white shirt dress. His bow tie, watch and cuflinks were the same shade of gold as my dress. He scans my outfit from head to toe and his smirk widens.