Chapter 45🥀Alone

🎶Listen to How Do You Sleep by Sam Smith🎵

   *CHICAGO'S POV*

"I'm pregnant." I mutter between sobs and I feel his body go stiff.

I wait for him to break the hug and yell at me but it's Logan we're talking about. He doesn't do that. Instead he pulls me closer and hugs me tighter. I cry on his chest, wetting his polo shirt in the process but he lets me.

Once I'm all calmed down he takes me to the living room couch and tells me to explain to him exactly what happened.

I tell him everything. From the night at the club when Wes and I first met to me leaving Wes' mansion a few hours ago.

Once I'm done I see Logan's face turn fifty shades darker. Though he doesn't say anything, I know he's disappointed at me.

He helps me take my bag to the bedroom and tucks me in bed. He the orders me tacos for lunch and dinner.

We eat in silence.

Just when I'm about to say something he receives an emergency call that forces him to leave. But not before making sure I'm fine.

Once Logan leaves that's when reality strikes me. I'm all alone.

I get out of bed and change into black yoga pants and an oversized grey hoodie.

I try going back to sleep but the whole damn bed smells like Wes. I get up and pull the duvet from the bed and head to the couch.

Once I'm all settled I close my eyes but they buldge open. The duvet smells like Wes. I throw it to the floor and close my eyes to sleep but the couch also smells of him.

This is going to be harder than I thought.

I stomp to the bedroom and pick up the white laptop I saw on the nightstand and start apartment hunting.

***

I'm woken up by the sun shining bright through the curtains and directly into my eyes.

I feel exhausted deep in my bones. I squint my eyes to prevent the bright light from blinding me.

I miss him... though I'm mad at him...

... I know...

...I'm officially dumb...

...and stupid.

Why am I even mad ?

It has been a week since I came here yet I've had no luck finding an apartment that fits my current state. Every apartment available is either too small, too large or too expensive.

Logan has been visiting me everyday to make sure I'm fine. He insisted I go for a check up but I'm too scared to do so.

I get up from bed and head out to the bathroom for a quick shower. I come out twenty minutes later feeling nauseous. I bend over the toilet and gag whatever food I have in my stomach.

Once I'm done I brush my teeth and wash my face. I then head to my bag to look for something comfortable to wear.

I haven't unpacked my bag because I'm not planning on staying here for long. The last thing I want is Wes knowing where I'm staying.

As I'm going through my bag I see my purse lying on the floor. I lift it up and my pregnancy tests fall down. I notice that they are only three yet I had four.

I start to panic.

I scan the room but I can't see the fourth pregnancy test. I empty my bag but still... no sign of the fourth pregnancy test.

I ransack the whole room and the bathroom but I still have no luck.

I might have dropped it in the living room... or kitchen.

I put on a sundress and head to the livingroom. An hour later the penthouse looks like a pig sty.

Car !

I get out of the penthouse and head for the elevator. A minute later I'm at the underground parking lot. I spot my burgundy
bentley and run to it.

After searching and searching with no luck I head back to the penthouse.

Once inside, I stride over to the couch and sit down heavily, burying my face in my hands.

That's when it hits me...

I can't find the fourth stick because it's at the mansion. As I was picking up my purse I saw something fall from my purse but ignored it.

"Shit !"