Chapter 43🥀Daze

🎶Listen to Realize by Colbie Caillat🎵

    *CHICAGO'S POV*

I'm woken up by the sun shinning bright through the curtains and directly into my eyes.

I hear someone groan and that's when I notice Wes peacefully sleeping on my chest.

I trace his jawline with my index finger. I'm glad that he never heard my accidental confession that night or else all this would be just awkward.

I'm getting mixed feelings right now. Does he love me or not ? He once said he liked me... but that was all.

I carefully untangle myself from his arms making sure I don't wake him up. I get out of bed but the moment my legs straighten the world spins around. My dizzy spree is back.

A couple of minutes later I feel okay and head for the bathroom.

When I come back Wes is wide awake and seated on my bed. He looks like an eager therapist by the way he is sitting.

"I had the best sleep last night." He says in an upbeat voice.

"Me too." I answer and we lapse into awkward silence.

"So..." Wes breaks the silence."...did you get your stomach bug checked ?"

"I'm going to do something about it today."

He nods an okay and the awkward silence is back.

"Why don't we go have breakfast..." I suggest and Wes agrees.

As we enter the kitchen Serenity is seated on one of the kitchen stools shouting at Tamika.

"Serenity what are you doing here ?" Wes beats me to asking.

She gets up and gives Wes a hug. I dismiss Tamika and stand there watching them. I clear my throat and Wes breaks the hug.

"I have unfinished business in New York." Serenity answers while giving me a glance.

Is it just me or did she say 'unfinished business' while staring at me.

I shake the absurd thought out of my head.

Wes and Serenity talk for about twenty minutes before he excuses himself to go get ready for work.

"Congratulations for being number one at Forbes top ten young C.E.Os" Serenity shouts at Wes' dissapearing form.

I didn't know Wes won that competition. Infact...bI didn't even know he was participating.

I get up and make myself a bowl of cereal. Serenity is just seated there texting someone on her phone.

"How did you know Erick
wasn't Wes' son." I ask her once I'm a hundred percent sure Wes is out of ear shot.

I wait for her answer but all she does is smile at me.

Creepy.

***

"Uuuuggghhh !"

I shout at my phone because I accidentally deleted another chapter.

Again !

I've been writing using my phone which turns out to be harder than I thought.

I need to get my laptop back.

As I get back to writing I hear a knock at the door.

"Come in !" I shout at the top of my oh-so-loud lungs. Tamika walks in with a tiny shopping bag in her hands.

"Did you get them ?" I ask her and she nods a yes.

"Did anyone see you... especially Serenity ?"

"No Miss."

Once she leaves I lock my bedroom door and head for the bathroom. I take out the four pregnancy tests and place them on the marble bathroom counter.

I stare at them for hours before peeing on all four. Once I'm done I return them on the counter.

I set a fifteen minute timer and head for the shower. I come out when the timer goes off.

I pick up the tests and stare at the two lines on all four of them. I start smiling as tears fall from my eyes.

But... how ?

I'm on the pill.

I should tell Wes...

I turn to leave the bathroom but I stop when my phone starts ringing. I check the caller ID and see it's Logan.

"Hi" I answer in a cheery voice.

"Someone seems to be in a good mood today." He teases.

I chuckle and walk out of the bathroom but not before picking the test sticks and putting them in my purse.

"Yes I'm kind of in a very good mood." I answer him.

"Too bad I'm going to have to ruin your good mood." Logan says.

"Why is that ?"

"I have something to tell you. It's about Dean Hughes and you are not going to like it..."

I go into a complete daze.

************************