Chapter 5🥀 Swim

Vote, comment, share
;)

***

🎵Listen to Better by khalid🎶

   *CHICAGO'S POV*

The faint smell of coffee wakes me up at quarter past nine.

I'm exhausted.

I slept late yesterday working on Wes' book that I had started writing two days ago.

I throw a robe on my sleeping attire consisting of a pair of grey shorts and a tank top.
I head to the kitchen where the smell of coffee is domineering.

I find Wes having his morning cup of coffee.

When did he get here ?

He hasn't been at the mansion for the past four days.

Reasons...? ; Unknown.

I ignore him and proceed to pour myself freshly squeezed orange juice and heat yesterday's left over pasta and meatballs. I toast four slices of bread and spread butter on it.
I then make a banana and strawberry smoothie.

I find half a sponge cake in the fridge and cut a slice. There's no breakfast without eggs so I make myself an omelette.

Once I'm done I sit at the circular dinning table in the kitchen.

I see Wes watching me.

"You're going to eat all that ?" he asks.

"Yeah..."

"But your tiny." He chuckles.

"...and hungry. I'm tiny and hungry."

He smiles at my comeback and his dimples, which I only notice now apparently appear charmingly on his face.

"Foodie"

I roll my eyes and make sure to continue ignoring him. Assuming I had not just heard him call me a foodie.

The room goes quiet as I get back to my breakfast and Wes turns to his laptop which is lying beside him on the counter. It's the same model as mine but his is grey in color.

"Where's Ellen ?" I ask him though I'm not expecting him to answer.

"She's gone grocery shopping."

He answered !

The room falls back into silence.

A few minutes later my phone breaks the silence when it starts blaring Thompson Square's 'Are you gonna kiss me or not.'

"Nice ringtone." Wes chuckles not raising his head from the laptop.

What's up with him today. He's making conversation.

I roll my eyes at him and check my caller ID.

It's Logan.

I smile and get up from my seat heading for the living room so me and Logan can have a private conversation.

"Hey Chi..." Logan says sounding excited.

"Hi. I missed you."

"I missed you too"

We talk for twenty minutes straight. Catching up on what we've missed though it hasn't been that long. Only four days but it seems like forever.

"Hey Chicago..."

He sounds nervous.

When I reply he proceeds asking me to be his date at his parent's anniversary tonight.