Chapter 36🥀Happiness

🎶Listen to Positions by Ariana Grande🎵

    *CHICAGO'S POV*

I wake up disoriented and blistering warm. I try to stretch out only to find my body invaded in another, along with two strong arms wrapped around me.

Wes !

My back is to him so I turn. He's calmly and peacefully asleep.

I don't want to wake him so I slowly and quietly untangle myself from him then hop out of bed.

I head to the bathroom to have a shower. I turn the water to hot then hop in.

As I'm taking my shower I feel someone behind me. I quickly turn to find Wes smiling down at me. My breath hitches when his gaze meets mine for a known hungry look had taken over his warm eyes.

Grabbing me gently by the waist, he pulls me into his broad chest. My fingers automatically ran through his now wet hair.

I stand on my toes and our lips connect. I kiss him slowly as my delicate fingers roam freely feeling the sculpted planes of his body.

Wes' fingers climb up my bare thigh and my breath shudders when he leans in temptatiously and leaves trails of hungry kisses down the curve of my neck.

He lifts me slightly and I wrap my legs round his waist.

"Are you sure about this ?"

I hear him ask me in a gruff morning voice and I manage a nod.

"I need to get protection." He says and I feel him pull away.

"I-I'm on the pill..." I stutter and he smiles at me.

The hot water beats on us as he gently backs me into the tilled walls of the bathroom. He hoists me higher as he buries himself deep in my core, realizing the ache in my regions.

My lips part in a soft breathless moan as my tight walls stretch to take him all over again.

Our moans get louder and louder but the sound of running water consumes all sounds from the outside world.

Minutes after our shower we reluctantly leave the warm atmosphere with bath robes wrapped around us.

Wes carries me to bed and I start kissing him hungrily. He breaks the kiss a minute later and I look up to see him smiling down at me.

"What ?" I ask when he keeps smiling.

"I need to take you to the beach... remember ? If we start this... we won't go to the beach..."

I honestly forgot.

"Yeah, I remember." I say blushing.

I pull away from Wes and change into grey Nike shorts and a white t-shirt.

Wes phones starts ringing from the nightstand. I check the caller ID and see it's Alex. He's hesitant to pick it but gives in.

I head downstairs to make breakfast as Wes keeps talking to the phone.

I decide to make celery and apple fillings, coconut balls and coffee rolls. Once I'm done I make Wes coffee and I squeeze fresh orange juice for myself.

As I pick plates from a cabinet at the top, I feel hands wrap round my waist. I turn to face Wes and he devours my lips into a kiss.

I break the kiss a minute later and turn to what I was doing.
He helps me set the table and we sit down to eat.

"What's the occasion ? " Wes asks me as he eyes the breakfast I just made.

"Since it's our last day here I decided to go big." I say with a smile.

"Speaking of that... we're leaving... today at 5:00 pm. Our flight is already set. I have a board meeting as early as 6:30am tomorrow morning." I flinch slightly at his words, but shrug it off.

"Okay" I answer. My voice devoid of emotion.

***

We spend our whole morning at the beach. I swim as Wes watches me from a far through his sunglasses.

"Is that a swan ? Or a duck ?" I ask Wes once we're seated on the beach chairs basking in the sun.

"I think it's a seagull." He answers humorously and my face flushes red from embarrassment.

We come back to the lounge at half past noon. Wes hires a private chef who makes us Italian dishes for lunch.

"I finished writing the book." I blurt out to Wes as we're seated on the balcony having lunch.

I look up and see a slight frown marrying his handsome features. I wait for him to say something but he doesn't, so I decide to continue.

"...I'll leave  next week on monday, right after Christmas on friday. Logan will help me go apartment hunting on saturday..."

Wes still says nothing.

"I'm full." He pushes his plate away and stands up to leave. I just stare at him wondering what I said wrong.

***

Once I'm done doing the dishes, I walk into the living room and find Wes seated on the midnight black piano. I go sit beside him.

"Teach me to play." I say to him and he turns to look at me like I've grown a third eye.

"Come on..." I plead and he chuckles.

"Okay" he finally gives in and I smile.

We spend the next hour on the piano. Wes tells me the basics and I nod as if I'm taking notes.

Once we're done he turns to me and moves his head side ways continuously.

"You're the worst student Chicago." He says.

I punch him on his arm and laugh as he winces in pain.

"Why did you do that ?" He asks but I clearly ignore him.

"Let me get us something to drink." I say as I leave him rubbing his arm. When I get back with two glasses of cocktail Wes is playing Bill Withers' Just The Two Of Us.

I place the glasses on top of the piano and hug his muscular back.

***

We arrive in New York at 7:00 pm. Edward comes to pick me up from the airport while Wes takes an uber to the office.

He says it's something important that has to be dealt with immediately.

He leans to kiss my cheek goodnight but I turn my head so that his lips meet mine.

Once I break the kiss I see his cheeks turn red and I blush.

It made me smile to know I had an effect on him.

***

When we get to the mansion I decide to take a hot shower to remove the cold. When I enter my room I notice the beautiful box wrapped in maroon gift paper lying on my vanity table.

I pick it up and start opening without any second thoughts.

Wow !

I pick up the new iPhone from its box and smile. I turn it on and it has all my details inside.

My phone shuttered when Serenity bumped into me and I had planned on getting it fixed once we came back.

I notice a card on the table and pick it up.

You are my happiness.

-W