Chapter 20🥀Thanksgiving (1)

🎵Listen to In The End by Linkin Park🎶

*CHICAGO'S POV*

I'm in the kitchen with Chrissy. She is monitoring the turkey in the oven while I make the vegetable and fruit salad.

My mom is busy arranging the dinning table while my dad and Derek are seated in the living room watching previous football games while drinking beer.

Dad still needs his operation asap and I'm doing all I can to save enough money.

I'm right now happy.

I haven't felt this way in a long time.

This is all I ever wanted, a life full of zero drama. Wes and I had agreed that we'll spend thanksgiving with our families. He wasn't happy about the decision but out of respect for me he agreed.

"It done."

Chrissy shouts in her sing-song voice. She removes the turkey from the oven and just the sight of it makes my mouth water.

My mom comes and takes the turkey and places it on my father's side of the table cause just like tradition he's the one who'll curve it.

We say a short prayer and dinner begins. We all tease dad as he curves the turkey.

Once he's done mom serves us and we eat all smiles.

Everything goes great until Derek decides to open his mouth.

"So... big sister..." He starts.

I ignore him just like I always do but that doesn't stop him.

"... how does it feel living in a multi-million mansion belonging to one of the
members of the richest family in New York... heh ?!"

I watch Derek smirk at me, my mouth wide open.

I turn and find both my dad and mom giving me uncomprehending looks. Chrissy is staring down at her plate guilty like she knows something.

"Derek what are you talking about ?" I hear my dad ask but  my gaze is focused on Derek.

"She's been lying to us... all of us... She lives with billionaire Dean Hughes. She's been there for there for the last five months. Here look... "

I shift my gaze from Derek to the table where he places a bunch of pictures around.

Pictures of me and Wes in his white lamborghini, me driving his blue sports car. Edward driving me in the red sports car and yellow Porsche. Me in the golden gown at Alex's party.

The pictures are a lot and I don't finish scanning them with just one glance.

"Look at the clothes she's wearing !"

He's been stalking me. All this time. My hatred level for him quickly rises to a hundred.

My mum gets up, gathers the pictures and throws them at my face. I finally release the tears that I have been stinging my eyes.

"You're a disappointment." She hisses in disgust.

"Don't you have anything to say ?! Explain yourself !!!"

I remain quiet.

"I thought we raised you better !"

I still remain quiet. I see her getting out of her side of the table and heads to where I'm sitting.

She slaps me.

"You're just like she said... a gold digger... a whore.... a disgrace."

Right now I'm busy crying that I forget to ask who is the 'she' that's being reffered to. My mom grabs me by the arm and drags me to our porch. She pushes me and I stumble and fall.

I honestly feel like they all have been waiting for me to mess up. One way or another.

I cry and I see Chrissy cry too. Why is she even crying. They don't care.

I pull out my phone and call Edward requesting for a ride. He reminds me he's at Richard's mansion. I forgot he drove Wes at his dad's mansion. I think about calling Logan but he too is having thanksgiving dinner with his family.

I decide to walk. I check the time on my phone.

7:56 pm

With this pace I'll reach Wes' mansion tomorrow.

I look up and the first flake of snow starts to fall. I'm cold, hungry and exhausted.

My makeup is ruined from all the crying. I check my phone to see the time but it's gone off. There no cars on the road... probably because it's a holiday.

How did things turn from good to abort mission so fast ?

***

I've been walking for what seems an hour when I see a light from far. A green Audi stops in front of me and Edward hops out of the driver's side.

"Ms.Brook !"

He helps me get into the car and drives to the mansion.

"What happened Ms.Brook ?" He asks, concern full in his voice.

I close my eyes and lean on the comfortable car seat.

***

When we arrive at the mansion I notice the huge truck with the words 'VANITY MOVERS' written in bold.

I turn my gaze at Edward. "Whose moving in ?"

He says nothing.

I get out of the car and walk inside the mansion. I see Tamika standing at the bottom of the staircase.

"What's going on ?" I ask but she doesn't answer.

"Guess who's moving in bitch !"

Without turning I know the owner of that voice. A voice I've grown to hate so much.

Meghan !