Chapter 22🥀Revelation

🎵Listen to Human by Christina Perri🎶

*CHICAGO'S POV*

"Guess who's moving in bitch !"

Without turning I know the owner of that voice. A voice I've grown to hate so much.

Meghan !

I turn and see Meghan slyly smiling at me. A few meters behind her stands Wes.

I can't even explain what or how I feel right now. I should have known he'll bring his ex to live here.

"Wes... what's she doing here ?" I stutter.

I see him hesitate. It's like he's looking for the perfect excuse to give me. He opens his mouth to answer but Meghan beats him to it.

"We're gonna live as a family. Wes, Erick and I. His family begged for us to move in together. You should have seen them. They kept saying we make the perfect couple ..."

The whole time Meghan speaks I just stare at Wes. I'm trying to read him but his face betrays not a single emotion.

"...byou know what Chicago ?"

I shift my gaze back to Meghan after hearing her mention my name.

"... I am and will always be Wes' first and true love. He'll always chose me. No matter what... and you..." She chuckles in disgust.

"You will always be a naive twenty one year old girl who he uses as pawn for all his plans..."

I feel tears prick my eyes threatening to fall. I'm about to cry, not because of Meghan's words, but because of Wes.

This whole time he just stands there looking at the ground. He doesn't even have the courage to say something.

"In his eyes you'll always be... and I quote... 'A girl from the gutter'. "

I can't hold my tears anymore. I let them fall.

I can't believe he said that.

"I guess you're not so tuff without your alcohol huh!" Meghan mocks.

"Meghan enough !"

Oh... so now he talks.

I turn to walk away from him. I'm really tired and cold and hungry right now. I turn and head for my room.

When I reach the top of the stairs I feel a grip on my right arm. I turn to see a tired looking Wes staring directly at me.

"Chicag-"

I stop him before he could finish.

"I'm the one doing the talking Mr Hughes!" His eyes goes wide.

I guess he wasn't expecting me to call him that.

"A girl from the gutter ! Really Wes...? Just because I wasn't born a billionaire like you does not mean you have any right to disrespect me... especially in front of Meghan.

I mean... from all the people it had to be her." I say between sobs.

He moves a step towards me and I move two steps away from him.

"She disrespected me in front of you... and you said nothing... you act like she has you on a leash. You are the worst !"

I sob louder. I don't even know why.

"I got thrown out Wes... by my mom, because of you... I don't have a home anymore. I walked more than an hour. I'm hungry, exahusted and cold..."

I fall to the ground crying. He crouches down so we could be at the same level.

He tries to touch me but I brush his hands off. We stay in that position for what seems like thirty minutes.

"Wes..." I whisper to him. He looks at me and I proceed.

"That night at the pool. Did you plan all that ?"

His face goes white.

Guilty !

"Did you text Logan via my phone... telling him to come ?"

He still doesn't answer.

"Did you plan the whole pool scene...? The ice cream ? The talk...? The kiss...? " I start sobbing again.

He just stares at me...

"Wes !"

"Yes" his answer is barely a whisper.

I stand up and he follows suit.

"Do you know why you didn't say anything back there...? because... she was right. Everything she said... she was right."

"Chic-"

"Screw you Wes !"

I turn and head for my bedroom door which is just three walks away. He follows me but I close the door in his face and lock it from inside.

I hear him call my name but I don't open it. I lean on the door and slide downwards.

Why am I crying so much ?

After sitting on the cold floor for one or two hours and drag myself to the bathroom and take a cold shower.

Once I'm done I change into my matching grey pajamas and head to bed hungry. My hair is damp but I ignore.
I get into bed and start crying again.

Why am I even crying this much ?

It's because Wes broke me. Yet after all this I still love him.

Wait !

What !

I love him ?

I love him.

That's why am crying so much... because I love him.

I've fallen in love with Wes fucking Hughes.

I cry even more.