Chapter 1🥀Him

Social media ;

Instagram @booksbynayada

Follow me for more details, sneak peaks and updates on all my books ;)

***

🎵Listen to So Am I by Ava Max🎶

   *CHICAGO'S POV*

I wake up at half past seven in the morning.

Shit !

I am late.

My first day at work and I am late.

It's been a week since my wild night at the club. Logan was mad at me for not telling him I left, but six cans of his favorite cola and a tub of ice cream later he forgave me.

I couldn't stand him being mad at me. He is everything to me.

I explained to him everything that had transpired that night leaving out the part that I had hooked up with a stranger.

I was going to tell him, but just not now. I wasn't ready for one of his many lectures.

Two days after the club I sent my résumé to this power company that was In need of a ghostwriter.

I actually sent it because Logan insisted. He said  I should try my luck, so I did.

I wasn't so much Interested in being a ghostwriter. Writing a book or an article and someone else gets the credit just because they are paying you wasn't something that I had planned on doing, but I need the money.

I have bills that need to be paid.

                 ***

By the time I arrive at the company it's already nine.

Great ! I'm an hour late.

Way to go Chicago.

I enter the building's lobby and  head for the blonde secretary behind the desk.

She's hesitant to show me to Mr Hughes' office. I show her the email indicating for me to go to Dean Hughes' office  and she rolls her eyes at it.

"Thirteenth floor. First office on the right." She  finally says in a gruffy tone.

"Ms Brook, Mr Hughes is ready for you. You can go in now."

The secretary on the thirteenth floor says in a cold voice.

What's up with the secretaries in this place.

I knock at the door twice before going in. The office space is spacious. Black, grey and silver are the colors dominating the room.