Chapter 2🥀Bet

Longest chapter lmao

;)

{over 1800 words}

***

*WES' POV*

I'm seated behind my desk watching my father yell at me. I had stopped listening to whatever it is he was saying an hour ago.

He was here to tell me the usual ; That I'm a disappointment.

He kept telling me multiple times that the reason as to why he is being so hard on me is because I am to own the company. He is going into retirement and is not sure that I can handle managing the company at the age of twenty eight.

Ugh.

Can you imagine him ! It's not like I'm a child.

I know how much he wishes he could leave the company to Jean... my twin sister, who happends to also work at the company and has made huge billion dollar dealings on behalf of the company.

The only disadvantage is the board wouldn't allow a female to lead the company.

"DEAN !"

My father snaps and that brings me back to reality.

"Are you even listening ?" He asks while eyeing me suspiciously.

"Yes I am." I lie.

I'm tired of him looking down upon me every single time.

He clears his throat.

"I said... in eight months to come Forbes Magazine will have their awards and I want you to be number one at the top ten young C.E.O category, you were nominated.

To win at that you must send them your autobiography. It must be something splendid. Something the other nominees wouldn't have thought about."

I just sat there staring.

"If you win this son, you get the company. That's my promise to you." And with those words he walks out of my office.

***

"So you're required to write your own autobiography, how hard is that ?" Jean asks.

I'm standing at the ceiling to floor window of my office watching the never ending New York traffic.

I shift my gaze from the window to my sister Jean. She is seated on my chair with her legs crossed on my desk.

She came into my office immediately after our father left. I told her about the ultimatum given to me if I wanted to own the company someday.

"The problem is I don't have time to write an autobiography." I answer her earlier question.

"Then hire a ghost writer. He or she will get the job done and father wouldn't know you didn't write it yourself. By the end of the day... everyone's happy." She suggests.

Hmm...

As crazy as Jean sounds right now, she is right. I would hire a ghost writer to do my work for me.