Chapter 7🥀Thoughts

Vote, comment, share

;)

***

🎵Listen to Life's a Mess by Halsey🎶

*WES' POV*

One week later...

The blonde in the white suit kept smiling at me throughout the whole damn meeting.

I know what she wants, we had done it before. Numerous times, but of late I haven't been feeling it.

Alex is at the front of the conference room giving out his presentation. I know he knows that I'm not concentrating, that's why when a few questions are thrown my way, he is the one answering them.

When the meeting ends I storm out of the conference room and head for my office. As expected Alex follows me.

"Hey Dean !"

He calls out and I turn to find him catching his breath.

"You okay ?" He asks and I could hear the concern in his voice.

He cared about me. Maybe too much... but he still cared. He was there for me through thick and thin. Yet here I am ignoring him like a problem.

"Nothing's wrong.I'm just a bit tired."

I turn to leave but  he stops me.

"You've been off a whole week."

"Am fine !"

"Is it her ?" He asks and my body goes stiff.

"The mysterious girl..." He continues.

Without answering him I turn and head for my office confirming his suspicions without saying anything.

As I pass Rachel's desk I instruct her not to let anyone in. I locke the door from inside and slump on my seat. I close my eyes and let my thoughts take over.

I couldn't find Logan anywhere. I need him to sign a non-disclosure
agreement similar to the one I had Chicago signed. He knows I'm Chicago's boss.  Furthermore he knows where I live.

When I texted him via Chicago's phone to come that night, I thought he'd ask for the address but he didn't.

Yes.I was the one who texted Logan to come.Me.

That day after the fight I felt guilty about everything that had happened earlier. I went to Chicago's room to apologize but she didn't respond so I decided to walk in. I found her bed a mess. Her phone was on the bed. I called her but she wasn't in her room. I confirmed that by checking the bathroom and closet. As I turned to leave I decided to check her phone. It was off so
I turned it on and found tons of text messages and missed calls from Logan.

I hated that name and its owner.

I swiped the screen to find it locked. I tried unlocking it but all my attempts were wrong. The password was a three letter word.

Who on earth has their password as a three letters word ?!

Chicago that's who.

I was about to give up when I jokingly typed my name just for fun.

WES

Here phone unlocked and my mouth Del wide open.

She has my name as her phone's password.

Why does she have my name as her password ?

Maybe its becaus-

I shooke the absurd thought out of my head.Her home wallpaper was a picture of her in her graduation gown. She was all smiles and I found myself smiling in return. I went to her chats with Logan and texted him to come. He asked if everything is okay.I didn't answer. I deleted the  text I had just sent and turned off the phone.I then returned it on the bed and quietly left her room.

I was intruding her space but I needed Logan to stay away from Chicago. I couldnt afford for her to get distracted. She had a job to do here.

I then headed down to Chad... my head of security and instructed him to let Logan in when he came. Chad knew who Logan was because on one of his day off he had spotted Chicago and Logan having a picnic at central park.

He called me and told me about it.I instructed him to follow Chicago from then .

After finding that Chicago was at the pool having a night swim I changed and headed there.

Everything was planned perfectly except for the kiss.

It happened in the moment.

Logan had saved me when he interrupted us.I was aroused to the point where all I felt was pain.

When she left me to go talk to that douche bag I jumped into the pool. Its cold water calmed me down but seeing her again in my t-shirt, her stretch marks fully visible I was hard again.

Like I said before Chicago was going to be the death of me.

I stand up from my seat and walk towards the window fully aware I was aroused by just thinking of Chicago.

The old me would have called Rachel to satisfy me but not anymore. Of late I've only had interest on only one woman.

                    ***
"I'll be at the gym." I tell Rachel as I head for the elevator.

It has been two hours and I haven't had a single thought about the one who's name shall not be mentioned.

I head for the dumbbells when I hear my phone ring. I click on my ear piece to receive the call.

"Hello brother." Jean's sing-song voice rings in my ear.

"If your calling to yell at me about today's meeting I don't want to talk about it."

She was quiet for a while.

"What happened today ?...Alex told me the meeting went great."

Of course he did.

"Why did you call Jean ?"

"Ooh...Alex's birthday is in two days-"

I don't let her finish.
"I know."

"Shut up Dean...as I was saying... Alex's birthday is in two days and I'm planning his surprise birthday party and I don't want him finding out."

"So ?" I know what she wants to ask.

"Can I have it at your place.nI can't have it at my house because he'll know.bI can't have it at his place because that's absurd. I can't have it at dad's place because of Jayda. The only place that remains is yours. Pretty please with a cherry on top."

I chuckle.

She always had a way to get to me. Just like Chi- she who's name will not be mentioned.

"Okay.You can have the party at my place but on one condition... no piano.Please."

"Okay. I love you."

"Love you too."

I hung up and block all the memories from trying to come through. That's when it hits me. The party will be at my house. Chicago stays at my house. People are not to know about her.

Shit !