Chapter One.

Blasters were firing in a destructive rage around you

Blasters were firing in a destructive rage around you. Your home, all of the homes, engulfed in flames reaching the skies. Screams of your neighbors piercing your eardrums. They were so loud and yet so far away at the same time.

You were hiding in a cabinet in the kitchen and praying to the gods you wouldn't be found. Your dad had told you to tuck in and not come out for anyone but him or mom.

You heard your father screaming out "stop it! Leave her be!" Followed by the screaming of your mom and then... silence. You couldn't hear her cries. You pushed your eyes closed trying to connect your brain to hers but there was nothing but a black wall. Her thoughts silent. You were only six but you knew what had happened. Your mother was gone.

You quietly pushed the cabinet door open to check on your father. He was on his knees next to her crying with his head on her lifeless chest. You could feel the pain and brokenness he was feeling. It was paralyzing as it froze you in that moment.

You father let out a scream of hatred at the cloaked being towering over them. "Why do we deserve this! We've done nothing!" He screamed spitting in the face of the man.

An electric sound of the saber igniting startled you out of your paralysis and you scooted all the way back against the wall.

The saber rose in the air and fell decapitating your father. His head rolled and stopped just in front of the cabinet door. His eyes full of fear looking up at you through the cracked open door.

You let out a scream startling you awake from your nightmare. You were somehow floating in the air above your bed a single hand outreached in front of you like you were reaching for someone. You threw your hand down to your side collapsing yourself out of the air and back into bed with tears rolling down your face. You sobbed heavily into your pillow letting out another scream that sent a wave of energy into the sky releasing emotions with it.

You calmed yourself enough to tightly close your eyes and fall back to sleep hoping you wouldn't dream again of your parents death. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rising sun teased through your partially open window leaving a perfect streak of light across your eyes. It was time for another day on your small planet of Cielo.

Thought it was small it held a lot of beauty. Mountains, Forrest, and rivers made up the planet as well as the most beautiful sunrises and sunsets. At least to your knowledge as you'd never been anywhere else. Travelers had always marveled at the beauty Cielo held.

You stretched your limbs blinking your eyes as you tried to wake yourself up for work. You owned your shop so you set your own hours but still you liked to arrive early.

The smell of coffee wafted up the stairs into your loft as you heard the friendly mechanical beeping and rolling downstairs. Your tiny droid was already ahead of schedule for you.