Chapter Sixteen.

"Uh Uh. No way. No how. Not happening" Poe said shaking his head and crossing his arms.

"Come on Poe. Don't make me beg you" you said.

"He literally came here to kill you. 'Destroy' you. HIS WORDS! Then he felt bad for almost, no, not even almost! He felt bad for killing you! And suddenly you want us to let him in. Trust him. Work with him! You're out of your god damn mind" he said.

"He's not the same anymore. He's not Kylo Ren. He's Ben solo" you pleaded.

"Ben. Kylo. I don't give a fuck who he is. We should have killed him where he stood after what he did to you" he said.

"Listen. I get how you're feeling. If I was in your position I'd feel the same. But Leia gave her life so Ben could live. So I could live. You need to trust me. Please" you pleaded to him.

He let out a long sigh and sat back in his chair. "I'm going to go along with your plan. But I don't like it. And I'm not letting my guard down around him for even a millisecond. I'll be in the launch bay when you have a plan" he said before standing up to leave your quarters.

As Poe exited the door his chest accidentally bumped into someone else's who had been entering. His eyes glared straightforward at the chest in front of him before slowly dragging his eyes up.

"Poe" Ben acknowledged.

Poe let out a grunt and side stepped around him leaving you two alone. Ben walked in greeting you with a sad smile and two coffees in hand. He extended his arm handing you one of them.

"I take it that conversation didn't go well" he said.

"It was fine enough that he doesn't have any immediate plans to shoot you with a blaster. But he's not thrilled" you said and took a sip of the coffee.

"I can't say I blame him. I still don't feel like I deserve to be here. That I deserve your forgiveness" he said and took a seat. He hung his head low and starred blankly down at his feet. He was so used to feeling strong and powerful. He hated This new found humbleness.

"Let's not talk like that right now. We've got something important to handle and that will show everyone, including yourself, that you do deserve to be here" you said. You sat at the end of your bed looking over to him. You wanted so badly to March right up to him and wrap him in your arms to help him feel better.

You were still feeling so hurt on the inside. You'd seen a dark monster in him that you couldn't just erase with the snap of a finger. You knew that wasn't him, not anymore, but you needed time for your heart to heal. Still, seeing him as broken down as this killed you. No one would have ever seen this coming from the great and mighty Kylo Ren.

"This is what's going to happen" you said standing and walking in front of him. "I'm going to leave this room. And for five minutes you're going to get out whatever it is you're feeling right now. Then when it's over, that'll be it. You're going to be a badass resistance fighter and you're going to lead us all to victory because that's what your mom wanted you to do."

He looked up to you slowly. "Okay" he said lips trembling. You walked out of your quarters letting the doors slide shut behind you. You locked the door and stood guard waiting for him to let loose.

You could hear the sounds of him screaming desperately at the top of his lungs as he smashed things to pieces. You heard massive sobs escape him and his fists beating the walls. Then when the five minutes were up, it went silent. He came to the door and you unlocked it, letting him walk out. You didn't dare look to see the state of your room so you just shut the door quickly.

"Let's go" he barked as he marched down the hall. Your much shorter legs carrying you as fast as they could as you both stalked through the hallways. Leading you both straight to the command room. Leaders of the resistance turned in surprise as you both entered the room. Ben standing tall and powerful. Han stood at the head of the table that sat in the center.