Chapter three.

Poes fingers laced through yours as you rested your head on his chest

Poes fingers laced through yours as you rested your head on his chest. A faint humming of slow music faded in the background as he swung you back and forth. Together you slow danced through the empty ship bay. His mind was at peace and so was yours. There was nothing that could change how you two felt in this moment.

Then the blinding white lights pulled you from your dream. You arms and legs strapped down as your ears rang and head pounded. Heavy breathing came from behind you as he said "so that's what you dream about?"

His cape whipped behind him as he swiftly and aggressively paced to the front of you looking down on you from his mask. Eyes piercing through you skull. You could feel the pull as he entered your brain scanning your thoughts. You wouldn't be intimidated. You wouldn't give him the satisfaction.

You began to push back and try to block him from your thoughts.

"Interesting. Even when your weak you're strong" he hissed from behind his mask. He began circling you running his finger slowly across your collar bone right to left. When he reached a stance behind you he grabbed the top of your head and ripped it back. Breathing into your ear he growled "you will break. And you will lead me to them".

You pressed your eyes shut trying yet again to send a message through to Leia but it was all static and the sounds deafening.

"Foolish girl. I know who you're trying to reach. I've spent many years practicing resisting her. This space-" he waved his hands around "- is a steal trap. You won't get through". His mechanical voice vibrating your ear drums as you pushed even harder. It seemed almost for a moment that a sliver of light reached through his black wall, but if it did the wall was quickly patched up and then reinforced.

"Give up now. You're going to hurt yourself if you keep trying" he demanded circling you like a vulture circles it's prey. You pressed on continuing the tug of war.

"GIVE UP" he yelled his body now shaking from anger and slamming his fists into the wall causing large dents and electrical sparks to fly. The sound of the metal bending caused you to jump in your shackles.

She will hear me you thought loudly on purpose knowing he'd hear you.

"GIVE UP" he screamed sliding up to be face to face with you "NOW". You opened your eyes to look into his as his breath panted heavily behind the mask. You couldn't give up without one more push.

Slamming your eyes shut you screamed out in pain as you pushed his block back and sent out a single word.

Finalizer.

He quickly smacked you across your cheek and then raised the hilt of his saber and knocked you on the side of your head leaving you unconscious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Poe

Pacing the control rooms floor rapidly Poe bit his nails furiously. The sound of the doors opening stopped him in his tracks as he turned to face Leia as she entered followed by fellow resistance pilots.