eighteen - you

flowers bloom.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

|"It was no problem."

You walked home alone, slowly. Step by step, one in front of the other. Who knew you could feel so empty?

Empty after feeling complete, only to let that feeling wash over, fading as the source of your completion strayed further away.

Well. You brought it upon yourself, what else was there to do?

Loneliness and sorrow. Feelings you were very familiar with, before you met him and he showed you a whole new world.

"Why..." You muttered, the tips of your feet colliding with a small pebble. You bent down, eyes studying it carefully, before stepping over it instead of kicking it away.

"Why did you have to show me.. that the world isn't that cruel after all....?"

"Why did you make me so guilty for hating this world so deeply?"

You really wanted to feel anger at him. Really. But you still found yourself, helplessly, after saying all that, smiling.

Smiling like a crazy, dumb idiot.

"If I didn't meet you... I'd be better off..."

Your last attempt. Oh did it fail miserably. You found your inner consciousness doubting you, pleading, saying meeting him was the best thing that ever happened to you besides your being guided by your mother you respected so much.

"I guess..."

~

You swung open the door, the sounds of it creaking piercing your ears.

"I'm ho-"

"We're having curry for tonight!" The only voice you'd actually listen to chorused as you closed the door behind you.

"REALLY?" You exclaimed in sheer ecstacy, running toward the kitchen where your only family stood, stirring a pot full of aroma.

"Yes. Your favourite." Your mother's kind, aged eyes glanced over at you. They always felt like they could read any emotion, any thought, any aura of someone, of you, but you'd be fine with it anyway.

Who would you be if you did not even trust your mother, who was the only one who remained by your side all this while?

As darkness fell, the sun fading away, the both of you sat at the petite wooden table with two bowls filled with dark golden curry and pearl white rice.

At long last, your mother placed a hand of warmth over yours.

"I hope it gets better."

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

and i wonder when we'll meet again.

words: 375
published: 7/3/2021