six - you

Everyone has their own fair share of secrets.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

| He paused, then continued, "How you react. You're different from the others."

Your shoulders stiffened a little at his statement. "The others?" You didn't know why, but a feeling sprouted inside of you, telling you to tell this man off.

"You say that like 'the others' are something bad." You then shifted your gaze to that nearby lake you ever so often walk past. "Everyone has a different personality. No two are ever the same. Don't ever group people together like that.." You turned back to face him, before glancing down at your feet encased in what people termed 'shoes', like they were the most intriguing part of your life thus far.

"And not everyone shows their true colours that easily.." You muttered the last part softly, as if only speaking to yourself. (which you very much are)

Thankfully, he did not manage to hear the last part that you had muttered. "Well, that's one way to look at it.." His eyes managed to catch your attention again, as if on purpose this time.

"How about this? You are interesting."

"I guess that suffices for now." The words dripping with disapproval tumbled out of your mouth, although your mind was wondering, 'How on earth did he say that with such a straight face?'

"For now?"

"Yep."

"Okay, then." As he complied, you realised something.

"You still haven't told me why you know my name."

He started laughing softly. "You mean.. you were not joking just now? When you asked for the first time?"

You gave him an incredulous look. "Why would I joke about such a thing?"

"Just because." His laughter subsided as he attempted to give you a serious answer, "I attend the same school as you. Have you not noticed me in school before?"

"Nope. And you say that like I am supposed to notice, or something." You narrowed your eyes at him, jokingly this time.

"Well.." His eyes dimmed for a moment.

Hmm.

"Well, what's your name, then?" You asked, eager to keep the ball rolling as you once again started to continue your walk to school.

"Yuki." His eyes narrowed, as if withholding something as he answered.

You tilted your head to the side. "Is that your last name?"

"No." He looked at you again, with a smile and eyes that held a question, as if he had been questioning himself about this for the past few years, or even the whole of his life.

"It's my first."

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

..what is different is how people wear it.

words: 412
published: 1/10/2020