twenty-one - him

forever.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

|Simply te r ri b l e.

In his self-deprecating state, Yuki found himself transformed, or rather, reverted back into a small tiny mouse.

"Huh..." He muttered, surveying the clothes that he was wearing a moment ago dropping to the ground all around him.

"..." He did not know what he was doing any longer. He scurried to the balcony, silently thanking the skies that the glass doors to the portion outside were left open.

Trying not to get swept up by the subtle wind, he quickly hopped out of his room, flying off the edge of his balcony through a tiny hole meant for cases of flooding.

With his small mouse-feet, he scurried as quickly as he could, aiming to escape the house, at least for the night.

"WAIT!" Just as Yuki was about to leave the complex entirely, he turned around to be met with the full-grown tangerine, who looked much too tall for his mental age.

"..Is that you, Yuki?" Kyo whispered, bending down. Yuki, still in his mouse form, nodded.

"Here. Take this. Don't catch a cold." Laying the pile of clothes Yuki had left in his room in front of him, Kyo then left him to his own devices, running back to the back of the house.

"Oh..." Yuki slumped his mouse-shoulders at the thought of not being able to thank Kyo just then. "How amusing." Kyo, the Cat, was helping him.

The Mouse.

Completely baffled by the sheer irony of it all, he lugged his clothes with his tiny mouse-hands, dragging it all the way to the fences surrounding the backyard.

At some point during this long, trying journey, he didn't realise that he'd turned back into his human form. Until he suddenly felt that carrying the clothes was no chore any more.

"Wow." He muttered, quickly putting on his clothes before anybody spotted him. Not that loads of people passed this area, anyway. Especially not at this time of the night.

Now, fully-clothed, Yuki left the complex. Where was he going, exactly?

He didn't know, yet.

Well, maybe there's no yet. Maybe he will never know where he's going to go.

"..." He glanced up at the sky, grey - now almost silver - eyes gazing at the many stars that had decided to shine throughout the sky tonight, tiny dots twinkling against the dark background for a landscape.

Unknowingly, he smiled. There wasn't really a reason. The sky just looked like something worth smiling about.

Beautiful.

Just like...

A girl, with a rare smile on her face, came to his mind.

Forever. A promise.

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

is forever really, always, forever?

words: 428
published: 11/05/2021
.
.
.
a/n:

hii, how has your day been? hope all of you are doing well <33

hope you have been enjoying the story so far hehe, things are about to get real very soon!! if there's anything you are confused about so far, feel free to comment here or through any other means, i'm open to reply to any of your queries anytime!

besides that, if you don't really mind, please drop your birthdays here!!! i may or may not be working on something </3