three - him

Hatred can be ugly.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

| "You are hated by everyone. Who wouldn't hate the Rat, who took the first place?"

The chilling voice of the family head once again starred in his haunting nightmares as he jolted awake. As he registered the fact that he had just awoken, he quickly squeezed his eyes shut for a split-second to purge of the lingering, depressing feelings that had incurred from the daily nightmare.

He then sighed. Today is a new day.

What happened a few days before..? Right.. He had a coincidental encounter with a fellow classmate,  Miss Honda. She was now residing with him, along with that cat and Shigure... Miss Honda was kind, sweet and... somehow motherly.

As that foreign word echoed in his mind, he quickly shook his head, as if that action could erase the word from his vocabulary bank. Motherly? What am I thinking?

As if such a thing existed.

He cast a quick glance towards the window, where the rising sun was slowly shedding light on all the small buildings that made up his hometown.

Somehow, the view looked more beautiful today.

"I guess that's just the way it is," he muttered to himself, his eyes carrying a wistful gaze as he got out of bed. A quick scan of the clock on the wall in the room he stayed in read six am.

A few minutes later, with a fresh, crisp set of uniform, he walked down the stairs of the now-lively house as he did his student council-issued tie gingerly.

"Tohru-kun, have you made breakfast yet~?" The over-honeyed voice of Shigure rang through the ground floor of the residence.

"N-no!" Miss Honda's high, yet sweet voice, answered. "I'm so sorry, I'll get to it now!! SUMIMASEN!"

Yuki, without looking, could already imagine the look on Miss Honda's face. A hint of an amused smile reflected on his face as his feet landed on the ground floor, a soft thud sufficing.

"Good morning." Yuki greeted simply as he entered the dining room, sliding open the bamboo shoji. (a/n: shoji, in this case, is a room divider originating from traditional japanese architecture ^^)

"Ohayo, Yuki-kun~" Shigure sang as he opened his traditional paper fan.

"Ohayo gozaimasu!" Miss Honda followed, giving him a slight bow before returning to preparing breakfast.

Kyo, however, remained silent. Yuki sighed internally. Has he not gotten over losing a fight against me?

Trying not to dwell on it too much, he maintained his tranquil look as he took a seat on the straw-mat floor.

As he sat down, a small, grey porcelain cup of steaming hot green tea was slid to the front of him. Inhaling the gentle aroma, he felt more awake than before.

"Hm?" Eyes opening slightly bigger, he looked up to see who was the doer of the deed.

"..Some...tea for you.." The cat, his apricot-orange hair slightly dishevelled, turned his face away, as if scared of the amount of judgement that would swim in Yuki's eyes of grey should he turn to look at him.

Little did he know that Yuki had none of that and only eyes of slight shock, eyebrows raised a tad and mouth slightly open.

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

..but hatred can be beautiful, too...

words: 526
published: 24/09/2020