fifteen - you

???.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

|"Aren't we all a little scared of ourselves?"

"I guess so." Yuki replied quietly.

Your eyes drooped down to the graveled floor of the backyard. "Nobody is perfect after all."

"I'd be more scared if I was a perfect being, wouldn't you?" You added, turning your head to look at Yuki for the first time since he found you here.

Yuki just hummed in response with his eyes closed, not uttering a single word. In the moment, a gentle gust of wind blew over, sending the ends of his grey-turned-silver hair in the sunlight into movement. And those long eyelashes just made him look more magical, the small smile on his face giving him an aura of peace.

My god. He looks so beautiful.

You made sure you wouldn't be caught staring, turning away quickly as you smiled to yourself, knowing that his response meant more than a thousand said words.

Again, the two of you found yourself nestling comfortably in silence, a silence that somehow embraced the both of you. Accepting the both of you as who you were. Somehow, you could feel comfort.

"...Why don't you try joining the student council?" Yuki suddenly asked. He paused, his fingers wrapping around a dried, amber leaf that had fallen from the tree above the both of you.

"I have a feeling you would make a great addition."

"Me? ..Student council?" You did not know why, but you just felt a wave of repulsiveness when he mentioned 'student council'.

"Would anyone even listen to me?" You asked in a whisper. "After all, I'm nobody.."

"So you're perfect, then?" Yuki immediately retaliated, his eyebrows raised in amusement.

"...."

Your eyes were wide with surprise. Who could've expected such a smooth reply from the gentle boy? Not only did you feel surprise, but you felt your heart starting to thump faster, the sound getting louder and louder in your eardrums.

It was then that you realised.

His presence. It gave you comfort.

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

i̷̛̩̹̱̥̳̻͈̗̫̩͗̌͊̈́̄͘͝ ̸̡̝̰͎̹̟̲̲͔̃̀͆̒̌n̴̬̾̓̑͛̈́͝ẻ̷̛͈̭̦͇́̍̓̈́̌͋̕e̶̼̬̤̣̱̓͐̅̈̓d̸̡̡̨͙̞͚̱̉̃̏̓̉̚͜ͅ ̴̲͇̳̱̌y̶͓̭̺̗͓͙̤̬̋̈̌͑̅̽́̋ͅo̵̦̻̦͎͙̖̐ü̷̧̯̤͍̃͑̽̂͜͜

words: 349
published: 26/11/2020