sixteen - you

.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

|His presence. Somehow.. it gave you comfort.

"Hm. I'll let you think about it. I'll need an answer by tomorrow, however." He gave you a smile. Although, it didn't feel very friendly..

"Are you threatening me?" You retorted, though your tone was anything but unwelcoming.

He shrugged his shoulders as he raised his eyebrows a tad. "Maybe."

You sighed, shaking your head as a smile stubbornly forced its way onto your face. You quickly looked away, but you weren't quick enough.

"Good. You're smiling again."

You gave him an incredulous look. "Is that supposed to be a good thing?"

It was his turn to give you an incredulous look. "Who in their right mind wouldn't want to be happy?"

"Not all smiles are good things!!" You felt like you were about to strangle him in order to force this way of thinking into him.

"Okay, fine, fine. But your smile.." He paused.

"Yes?"

"...Never mind." He replied, much softer. "I'll walk you home?"

You sighed again, for the fifth time that day. "It's alright, I can manage."

"Well if you say so.."

You got up from your seat. "Thank you."

"Hm?" He looked up from the leaf he has been holding in the palm of his hand, his grey eyes curious as to what you were going to say next.

Your smile felt bigger than you thought. You didn't really know what was going on anymore - it seemed your mouth acted on its own, a few steps ahead of your head.

"Thank you for worrying for me."

What you didn't expect was for the boy to smile back.

"It was no problem."

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

???

words: 272
published: 30/12/2020