nine - you

Feelings are a burden.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

|Or do you admit that.. he's different?

The bell rang, providing you brief respite from the torments you have to go through during class. Finally, you could step out of that suffocating classroom that provided you nothing but torture and more torture and more torture.

"L/n-san!" You heard a familiar voice that had an uncanny similarity to bells chiming call for you. You turned around, surprised.

Why would you take your chances and call for me in school?

He gave you a warm smile, making the girls that were hovering nearby swoon. However, those grey eyes were focused on you and you only.

Where everyone else can see?

He did not stop there. He continued by adding a friendly wave, too. Everybody was starting to pay more attention to the two of you, puzzled by this sight.

Won't this tarnish your precious reputation?

You were so conflicted to the point you were literally shouting your thoughts internally, giving Yuki an intense stare as if those actions of yours could let him read your mind and get the message.

He still continued, though.

It was as if he was purposely pushing, pushing the expectations of everyone in the vicinity - no, that wasn't all - he was pushing you, too.

You felt your throat close up, a suffocating feeling in the bottom of your stomach. You needed air.

airaiRaIRAIRAIRAIR-

You could no longer bear it. You gave up on trying to channel your message to him (which you thought was crystal-clear, by the way-) and took off running down the halls where nobody was.

The chitting and chattering died down, the voices of many receding, your ears being spared from the unwanted, ugly noise. Your legs slowed to a jog, the sprint from earlier already taking a toll on the parts of your body you called muscles.

As you panted, you heard slow footsteps behind you.

who dares to-

"Y/n-san!"

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

but they can make life more bearable, too.

words: 312
published: 26/10/2020