four - him

Why are we so different?

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

| Little did he know that Yuki had none of that and only eyes of slight shock, eyebrows raised a tad and mouth slightly open.

After breakfast, Yuki recalled that he had to do the Student Council President, Takei-san, a favour, and hence he decided he would make a move first.

"See you at school." Yuki directed to nobody in particular (although he hoped Miss Honda and Kyo heard him..) before slinging his school bag across both shoulders. He then lifted up a rather big cardboard box off the floor, having left it there the day before.

As he left the house and walked down the path to school, he wondered what Takei-san needed this box for. It's just a box of bows.. And hot pink ones at that..

He wondered, and those wonders that surfaced in his mind lead to more wonders, and more wonders. The day before, Kyo had challenged him to a fight, hoping to be of victory given his period of time away in intense training. However, Yuki was able to effortlessly win against him, again. Not that it mattered much to him, anyway. To him, fighting seemed meaningless. Empty. Yet he wondered why he had become rather good at the skill.

What does Kyo even see in fighting like that..?

Despite rejecting the views of the cat, he found himself respecting Kyo even more than before. Having the ability to express what you felt.. That was the only talent, the only skill he yearned to have, yet the only one he did not own.

Do we even own talents or skill? Or simply borrow power from bigger entities?

His thoughts, as if motivated by this particular statement, swarmed his mind faster, so fast that his vision felt like it was clouding.

The speed of his thoughts was very much in contrast with the slow pace of his feet, walking step by step on the gravelled road.

Do talents make us who we are? Or are we made up of much bigger, more complex things?

Or are we so simple that the sky won't even blink an eye at us? Just simple stars made up of a much bigger constellation?

Then again, does it really ma-

He was so submerged in his inner-consciousness, the substance taking over him, that he did not pay attention to his surroundings, especially what had been charging towards him seconds ago.

No. Not what.

Who.

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

..yet so similar?

words: 414
published: 26/09/2020