Someone's in the house!

The night was growing with its full grace. Roads were deserted. The whole of Blueball was in deep slumber. The creepiness of the dark was the only one to be seen. 

In the peaceful appearing night, a shadow could be seen escaping from Dickenson's Villa. The shadow was seen to jump out of the window first, maybe with the help of a rope. Next, it tip-toed silently towards the main gate, unleashed a key from its pocket, and then opening the gate, it stepped out. In the same cryptic manner, the shadow leaned forward to check out its surroundings, and then turning around, it quietly locked the door again. 

After following the shadow for a little while, it became overt that the shadow was none other than Rosalind. She walked swiftly and straight towards Park Street. She wore a hooded, long jacket and gloves on her hands, with a mask on her face, which made it more like a Herculean task to recognize her in that dark. The street lights of this pavement were barely enough to watch where a person was going. Surroundings were covered with open areas, more like jungles on the inside and parks on the outside. It wasn't a much-visited or a most well-maintained place. But there's more to where Ross had to head. 

She had now taken out her flashlight from the tiny little backpack she was wearing. She turned around plenty of times as if her instincts made her suspect someone was following her, but there ain't no one except the lonely, cringy, dark path behind her. Ross swallowed a gulp. However, she kept walking swiftly and firmly, trying to sweep out all the negative thoughts that approached her mind. 

Everything was dark around except the light that came from Rossie's flashlight. At one turn, she stopped. She raised her head to read the signboard that showed - 

Lane 11 - Right >
Western Parks - Straight ^

Cold shivers passed down Rossie's spine. She didn't know what was scarier. Standing there alone in the middle of the night. Or the fact that she wasn't alone there. That there was a stranger who asked her to come at this spot. 

For a moment, Ross realized she wasn't safe. She thought she should run away, back to her family, her friends. Tell them everything that has been happening. But just the other moment, she figured out she had come too far to back off now. 

Rossie turned her face towards the right and saw a path plunged into darkness. It was a cloak and dagger situation. What would come next was highly unpredictable. Nevertheless, Ross tried to normalize her racing heartbeats by taking deep breaths. Adrenaline effects could be prominently seen rushing all around her dying form. 

After some moments passed silently in the deep and tranquil darkness, Rossie finally gained courage and stepped towards the right. She trudged down the lane. Not a lot of time passed before she heard a rustling in the nearby bushes. 

Shock waves passed her body. She briskly moved her flashlight towards the sound. Madly waving a flashlight all over the bushes, she hesitatingly, with a lot more anxiousness, got back towards walking down the lane. Suddenly, she felt someone was chasing her footsteps. She could even feel a shadow trailing behind herself. In no time, Rossie lost control of her pace. Her pace increased enormously. She didn't have the strength to turn back and examine. She was running like a bat out of hell. 

After a long span of running like crazy, she realized she lost track of the chaser. Making her upheaval breaths return back standards, Ross stopped near a bench and sat on it to take support. A flickering light street lamp hung over the park bench. It made the whole scene a lot more uncanny. 

In the middle of catching her breaths, when Rossie leaned her back on the bench, she felt the quick gesture of a hand covering her mouth. The hand suppressed her loud, intense scream, which was just to escape her vocals.