Atrocious Murder

While Emma was at Jessie's place discussing the Western Parks, Ross and I were at Central Park walking on the pedestrian path.

I wore a long black-colored midi dress with a deep-blue shrug of waist-length and headgear on. Black and blue were my signature look.

On the contrary, Ross wore a relatively brighter colored knee-length top and a trouser with a long brown overcoat hiding most of her clothes. She, too, had headgear on.

We were strolling at a slow pace. We attempted our best to not get caught up in the eyes of many people, so we kept walking until we reached a place that was not the most visited one.

Having reached there, Ross suddenly spoke out,

"I hate it! Why do we have to keep our meeting so secret?"

"It's because I don't want you getting into trouble because of me!" I said, looking around one more time to make sure there wasn't anyone close by.

"What trouble could you possibly get me into? I mean, you aren't dealing drugs, are you?" said Rossie in a scoffing tone.

"Do you know? You ask a lot of questions!" I replied in the same tone that she used.

"Let's get to the topic straight away," I asserted.

"About that threat note. Did you receive any? We could tally the handwriting!" Ross asked with hope building in her soul.

"No. The sender didn't get an opportunity to. Mama and Baba did all that was necessary to keep me safe, and within a few days after my encounter, I left Blueball. So, I guess I didn't give him a chance." I replied plainly.

"Hm. That's right! So what have you been doing all these years? You said you returned after hearing about your parents' death. What after that? And why do you keep living here underground? What was that place we were at last night?" Ross asked all the questions that were tingling her mind at once.

I stopped in front of Ross and stared at her with a grumpy face. I hate answering questions, and Ross is like a big box of Question Marks.

"What? You expect a normal person to accept your abnormal behavior and not even ask a question?" Ross interrogated, giving stress on each word she spoke.

"A question!!?" I exclaimed with a funny astonishment.

"Ross, my dear, you are a Pandora-Box of questions!!!" I sneered at her statement.

Ross snorted on hearing my mocking tone.

"Okay! Get this straight." Ross started with her voice filled with exasperation. She snapped and pointed one finger of her right hand towards me.

"You're gonna clear your side of the story right now in front of me. Or else..." Ross paused, giving a thoughtful expression.

I raised one brow of mine as a sign of asking, 'Or else what?'

"Or else I'll ask you soooo many questions that you'll die answering them," Rossie affirmed with a victorious smile on her face.

I could help but burst into laughter. Rossie started gawking at me in confusion.

"Seriously! Oh, My God! I am so afraid of your questions. You're right! I must clear my side at once!" I said sarcastically, trying to stop my laughter.

Rossie turned her head, making a "hmph" sound, and started walking, stomping her feet on her ground.

"Okay! Okay! I'm sorry! I'll tell you everything, I promise." I apologized, making a puppy face.