The Legend of Marmoris

All the way across the town, the old wrecked house shone in dim lights with all purity fighting the darkness of night. If one peeps inside the house through one of the open windows, the smell of peppermint tea and chocolate pie will make your mouth water. 

The people inside the house could be seen relaxed amongst these delicious smells mixed with a fragrance of south African freesias, one of the attractions of this seemingly messed up cottage. 

The entry of the house was marked with an open hall. The hall room accommodated an ancient-looking TV on one side. On the other side of the hall-room, there stood a massive-looking yet old-fashioned chaise lounge. The corridor in the middle led towards the kitchen. The kitchen was equally ancient-looking. However, the smell of the cooking food was abundant enough to fade away all the misleads. The kitchen door opened into a small yet well-managed backyard. That's where the freesias lived, along with all other flowers and some garden antiques. At one corner, a decorative tank could be seen with a garden hose attached to it. 

This is how the old abandoned house appeared to be, on getting close. A dinky little abode. Well, we knew the saying of 'All that Glitters is not Gold.' Maybe, Mrs. Marrison's residence can be described as the opposite of this proverb. A proverb stating - 'All that seems Dull is not Twardy.'

Nevertheless, Jess and Mrs. Landy were to be seen seated in front of each other on two different seats in the hall room. Mrs. Landy was a cherry-old woman. With wrinkles covering her face, her smile never faded. Even now, she was smiling dearly towards Jess and offering Jess with the chocolate pie just baked. In this pleasant atmosphere, Jess always used to feel more comfortable, much safer. As if no sadness could outgrow her as long as she is surrounded by this aura. More like a protective barrier for Jessie. 

"You didn't have to do all this, Nana. I was just passing by and was a little tired, so I sat by your wall to take some rest and maybe accidentally fall asleep," said Jess, a bit ashamed. She was not going to let her Nana know that she has been madly crying all that time. 

"Oh, my dear. Do you really think I should believe you? Besides, you are my granddaughter. I love taking care of you. Oh, boy! You haven't finished your tea yet. Come on. Drink it up. It's getting cold." Mrs. Landy said in her utterly cheerful temper. 

Jessie used to call Mrs. Landy - Nana, and Mrs. Landy too considered Jess as her granddaughter since she was born. Mrs. Landy was the most elderly person in the area where Jess lived. Emily used to visit Mrs. Landy a lot. She used to say that Mrs. Landy was a new mother blessed to her after her original one died. As a consequence, the attachment and love between Marrisons and Jones flourished. 

"How do you do this? Huh? I mean, you know it whenever I lie. It's not like I am sitting on a lie detector or something, am I?" Jessie said, getting even more ashamed and rolled her eyes. 

"Well, well. You know, that's what we elders call experience." She winked at Jess. 

Jess made an expression saying whatever and picked up the cup of tea from the table. She took a sip from it and normalized herself to now convey the details. 

"Now that you know, I have been crying. I shall present my explanation to you." Just when Jess was about to open her mouth to narrate the whole incident, Nana interrupted her saying,

"I never knew you were crying. Were you? Oh, my my, what a pity!" At the end of her sentence, Nana giggled a little, trying to tease Jess. And Nana was successful in doing so.

"NANAAAA!!!" Jessie yelled immediately and pulled out a face. 

"I ain't talking to you. Hmph!" Jess declared and turned her face away.