Betrayal

~Events post Y2V2~

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka - Class 2  D

As I was lying on my bed, something struck me.

If I continued to be this oblivious about the outside world, I am bound to be lured into trouble, Just like Yesterday.

Not that I mind helping others, so long as it doesn't make me stand out, But people will eventually catch on to me being so unaware of the world. I do know all the historical and geographical knowledge one would die to have. But just as a society grade, how the general world works are still beyond me.

You can ask this to a middle schooler, and his answer would be more accurate in contrast to whatever I would come up with, probably.

But this lack of knowledge about society and how to interact with people has helped me multiple times too. Some of them would include helping Ichinose, Kei & Yōsuke . As I do things in such a roundabout way...it seems to work.

Maybe I should search for this stuff on the Internet.

Internet, this is the last chance you're going to get. If you fail me this time...

I thought about it for a second.

Well, even if it does fail me, there's nothing I can do about it. Even in the real world, life is unfair to you. I could think about myself as the best example.

My fate has been sealed the moment I was born, nothing I can do about it. Although it doesn't make me sad or happy.

This school will only help me delay the inevitable.

*Sigh*

I have experienced the luxury of freedom. Thinking about it...it will be hard to adjust to life there. But, it's not like there are other options available.

"Well onto Internet again."

As I got up, the doorbell rang, kind-of catching me off guard.

"Who could it be..."

Honestly, there weren't many people who would come to my room without giving any prior notice, So I was surprised.

As I was thinking, a particular student popped into my mind. The devil herself.

"No, please...Anyone but her..."

The Devil, Ichika Amasawa. I would rather talk to Sakayanagi or Nagumo in public than her. She puts me in these situations where being left with no clear explanations. These are bound to create misunderstandings. She is the only person who counters all my points and somehow knows so much about me, despite being a Kouhai.

This might be weird, but she may know more about me than Kei. I think that's a fair assumption to make at this point.

Praying it wasn't Amasawa, I looked into the peephole.

"Keisei?"

He was one of the few people I never expected to come without any call or message. What could be the reason for his sudden visit?

If it's about the previous test scores, I thought we already cleared it up.

There shouldn't be any valid reason for his sudden visit.

Since I couldn't come up with any reasons, I opened the door. Poor Keisei, I made him wait for more than a minute.

"Hello, Kiyotaka."