Headpats

Honami Ichinose POV - Class 2 C

Morning at 9 am, I was standing in front of Keyaki Mall waiting for two of my classmates. I made plans to meet up with Kanzaki-kun and Chihiro-san as Kanzaki-kun said there's something he wanted to discuss.

I had no other plans today as it was a day off, so I agreed.

I arrived earlier than expected, But I always do that so I could think about what to discuss.

But both of those were nowhere to be seen, I guess I'll take a seat.

I thought about the article I saw yesterday, an Animal Species that was about to go extinct. There were only two of them left in the entire world and reproduction was not possible.

"Must've been really lonely for them."

I felt sad for them. Nyaa~ I shouldn't think about this, it will only make me sadder.

Kanzaki-kun and Chihiro-san arrived at the same time.

When you think about it, these two lately seem really close, they might make a good couple. As the leader of Class C, I will help them. And once they get into a relationship, they will tell everyone how reliable Ichinose is when it comes to building relations. Heh, look at me acting like a love cupid with no love experience myself.

We took a seat near the fast food corner.

"So Kanzaki-kun, what did you want to discuss with us?" I said as I was ordering a Sandwich.

"I will get straight to the point since it'd be pointless to drag this around."

"Mmm..."

"I wanted to touch on the topic that we previously left when we parted ways with Ayanokouji"

Kanzaki-kun said that with a serious tone.

"So it's about that day huh?"

I thought Kanzaki-kun would discuss that, but this was earlier than expected. Did something happen between them? Or was it because I said Ayanokouji-kun wasn't an enemy? If I had to guess-

"I remember Ichinose mentioning Ayanokouji not being an enemy despite our alliance between Class D coming to an end"

Kanzaki-kun's eyes were dead set on me as if he was trying to read between lines. That's pretty uncharacteristic of him.

"Yeah.....I did say that, Is there an issue?"

I honestly saw nothing wrong with that.

"You trusting someone from another class is the issue here, Why would you trust him if our alliance is over?"

It seemed he was doubting my judgment, His glance grew sharper with each sentence. Don't look at me like that, I am not Ryuuen-kun. On the surface, it would seem as if he is just being cautious, but there's more going on here, The atmosphere is tense and it seems he has gained a little distrust towards me. Was it because of failures in recent exams?

"Trusting someone doesn't need a reason, If you know that person enough, You automatically start trusting them. Ayanokouji-kun has helped me a lot of times"

I wanted to say that Ayanokouji-kun is the person I trust the most, But I feel like Kanzaki-kun would flip the table if he hears that, so I chose not to say that out loud.

"I understand, That's why I want to show you something, A recording to be more precise"

Kanzaki-kun pulled his phone out and started playing an Audio Clip that was audible enough for me to understand.