Z - Keika

✪  16:00, Saturday – June 2014 

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka POV – Age 14 ◇

"Small..."

That was the first impression I had of the apartment I am currently looking at.

So...This is where I will live now. 

"Actually..."

Now that I have been staring at it for quite some time...It doesn't seem that small. It's pretty average, I would say. A two-story apartment....that can be found everywhere.

"..."

I can sense that some people passing by are glancing at me occasionally. It's natural, as I have been just standing here staring at this building for a while now.

I should probably head inside. If I continue to stare at something like this for any longer, people might think I am up to some weird business. With that in mind, I proceeded.

I was told that I would receive the key to my room from the landlady. I wonder how I should greet her. After all, I will be staying here for several years. I should make a good impression. Especially considering she was a former police general.

"This should be her room."

I knocked on the door. Couple hits in, the person opened the door, and...

"Um...."

"...Em...."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

We stared at each other for an entire minute. I should probably apologise.

"Uh...Sorry. I was looking for the landlady, but it seems I got the number mixed up. I will excuse myself."

I bowed. That's weird. How did I get the numbers mixed? As I turned around to leave...

"Ah...!"

She grabbed my right shoulder. She was kind of fast.

"You must be Ayanokouji, right? Ayanokouji Kiyotaka?"

Huh? She knows my name...?

"Yes, that's me."

I turned around. Now facing her.

"I am Ayanokouji Kiyotaka."

"Hiya! Nice to meet you!"

She introduced herself excitedly. I was told that the landlady got injured during some kind of rescue operation. Don't tell me...

"I'm Hoshinomiya Chie. The Landlady."

You got to be kidding...

"So...You are the Ayanokouji Kiyotaka that I keep hearing about...Mmmm...."

This person is...a former police general...? Injured during a rescue operation...?

She stared at me like a scientist that just got a free specimen for her lab experiments.

Wait...I don't even know why I made such a specific comparison. After staring at me for quite a bit, she broke the silence.

"Your friends are all here already."

"Yes, they left before me. I just decided to delay my departure for a week."

Because I was a bit different from them, I had to go through more interrogation conducted by the government, specifically for me. And well, I was part of another generation. It was bound to happen.