Z - Kikyopon

Info --> As of writing this chapter, Y2V4 isn't published, so we don't really know the identity of the person holding the log/stick in the last illustration of Y2V3. This message was for those that may read this after Y2V4's release to avoid any confusion.

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka - Post Y2V3

"I...promise to help you, Senpai."

Both of us were cold due to rain. Nanase was lying down. I reached my hand out to her. She was looking down for so long but finally decided to look into my eyes.

"You're completely drenched. It won't be good if you fall sick. Shall we go?"

"...Yes."

Saying so, she tried to get up but failed. I would have waited if it wasn't for someone lurking behind me.

It seems they were waiting for the right moment.

Unfortunately, I was already aware of their existence. That person was keeping an eye on us the entire time. Maybe they thought I would be vulnerable while helping someone out.

Without looking back, I called out.

"If you're trying to hit me from behind with whatever object you're holding, you've failed."

I know I don't need to do anything anymore. If that person had confidence in his abilities, they would've come straight in. Instead, he waited to ambush me.

Without saying anything, they threw the object and ran off. I decided to look back and saw it was a thick stick.

Someone really has it out for me.

Nanase seemed surprised. It seems she wasn't a part of this plan. Which leaves...

As I was thinking about the possible people, a female voice called out to me.

"Senpai~"

I turned around to see who it was although I already knew. There was only one troublesome being that calls me with such a tone. It was Amasawa, unfortunately.

"What are you doing here?"

I was able to spot her while dealing with Nanase. It seems she isn't the type to hide around.

"Aww, c'mon Senpai. Is this how you greet your beloved Kouhai?"

Beloved? When did that happen?

"Anyways..."

She glanced over at Nanase before continuing...

"Senpai...Look what you did to my partner."

Ah, right. Amasawa, Nanase, and Housen were in the same groups for this exam.

"I didn't do anything. Nanase is just exhausted and nothing else."

It wasn't a lie. I really didn't hurt Nanase. At least not physically.

"Ah, really? Doesn't seem that way to me though..."

She grinned and continued.

"Got any proof to back it up? That you really didn't do anything to her. If someone else were to see this...they would surely get the wrong idea, no?"

She knows there won't be anyone else in this particular mountain as it's hard to climb. Despite that...

Dragging this out with someone like Amasawa would be a waste of time.