Chapter 8: Caught!

I snuck past my family and I made my way towards the main building. I grabbed weapons just in case and I made my way towards the main room.

"The elevator is ready for you." The guard who answered my call said.

"Very well." I said.

I got into the elevator and made my way up. I ran deep into the forest and I found Stelian in the same place as last time.

He smiled."Nice to see you again."

"Stelian, you must be careful."

"What do you mean?"

"My father along with a few others plan to eliminate the entire Vampire Council." I warned.

"Not to worry, the minotaurs are good at protecting Morelock." He said.

"But they aren't heading for Morelock." I explained."They're headed for different cities."

"Don't worry." He said."We'll be fine."

He held out his hand and stroke my cheek. I felt a feeling that I've never felt. My cheek felt like it was burning.

"Are you worried for me?" He asked as he dropped his hand.

I turned away as I felt my face heat up.

"Maybe I am." I said.

"Raven." He said softly.

I looked back at him and our eyes locked. He leaned in so that our faces we almost touching and without warning his lips were on mine.

I was surprised at first, but I managed to kiss back. Once we pulled away, we both looked at one another and smiled.

It was at that moment that I knew that I loved Stelian, my family's enemy.

"I need to go." I said.

"Alright." Stelian said."I see you need your rest, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yeah, until then." I replied.

I then ran back to the Colony. I had a lot of time left, it was just that I was confused with myself.

What was going on with me? I can't have fallen in love with the enemy. However it was too late to prevent that.

I walked out of the main building and was walking back to my house. I snuck slowly opened the door and tiptoed in.

Once I reached the hallway, I heard my father's voice. The lights turned on as well.

"Where were you?"

Shit! I turned around to find my father with his arms crossed. He had a stern look on his face.

"Well, I'm waiting." He said rather impatiently.

"I was in out for a midnight stroll." I lied."I couldn't sleep."

"Oh is that the reason I saw you on the big screens in my office?" He asked.

My eyes widened. What?! I thought he was here sleeping.

"I-I thought you were here." I stuttered.

"I was, but then I remembered that I left some papers in my office and once I found my papers I saw you on the big screens!" He snapped.

I gulped. There was no way out of this.

"What were you doing up there?" He asked raising his voice.

"Michael, what is going on here?"

I turned to see mother whom has emerged from the hallway. She was standing next to one of our couches.

"Serena, our daughter has come back from above ground away from the Colony!" Dad hissed pointing a finger at me."She is breaking the curfew!"

"Hush, the others are sleeping." Mom said."Now what were you doing up there, Raven?"

I couldn't find the right words to say. What should I say?

"Before I want you to tell me, I want you to know that I can always check what you were doing on the big screens." Dad said."As you know we record everything."

Shit! They recorded everything the big screens capture. Well here goes nothing...

"Alright, I'll tell you the truth." I said."I was with Stelian."

"Who?" Dad asked.

I looked at the floor as I replied."Stelian Morelock."

My dad and mom both gasped. I looked back to see that my dad was now enraged while mom was shocked.

"What were you doing with Malik's son?!" Father asked raising his voice again.

"I-well you see..." I trailed off.

"Answer me!" He growled.

"I was talking with him." I confessed.

"Raven, how could you?" Mom asked.

"Mom, dad, let me explain-"

I tried to explain, however I was cut off by dad."I don't want to hear it! Your broke our rules!"

"Dad, please." I begged.

However anger rose and he slapped my cheek.

"Shut up!" He hissed.

I said nothing else and I rubbed my cheek.

"I can't think straight right now, but you aren't allowed to leave the house until I say so. I shall discuss this with the others." Dad said."Now off to your room!"

With that I walked back to my room. Alyssa was asleep and I quietly made my way into bed.

Tears were in my eyes. Dad has never laid a hand on my like that. I sighed. If only I didn't fall for Stelian.