Chapter 7: Almost Caught

Once I woke up, my father was in the room standing next to Alyssa who was awake.

"She's awake." Alyssa said.

Father turned to face me. He wasn't angry which was relieving.

"So you were here the entire time?" Father asked.

Before I said anything, Alyssa covered for me.

"Yes, she was going to go home, but she fell asleep here." She explained.

Father nodded."Very well, you can go home now."

"But." I protested.

"Mother was worried for you, so she should explain where you were. Besides I'll stay here with Alyssa." Father explained."Because I have several things to speak to her about. I'll start by saying how I actually care for you, Alyssa."

"Really?"

He nodded."I just have a hard time showing it."

"So can I call you dad?"

He chuckled."Why not?"

I smiled as I watched their exchange."I'll leave you to talk to each other like family."

With that I walked out of the hospital and began to walk home. The ceiling was light blue and I checked my watch to see that it was noon.

Wow! I slept all the way to lunchtime. I finally reached the house and I opened to the door. As soon as I went in the living room my mom hugged me.

"I was scared, I didn't know where you were." She said.

I smiled as I pulled away from the hug.

"It's alright mom, I was with Alyssa at the hospital." I explained."I was going to come back, but I fell asleep there."

She sighed in relief."I'm just glad you're alright."

"Where's Al?" I asked.

"Oh he's in his room." Mom said."Come, you need to eat."

I nodded as I followed her into the dining room. I sat down at the table as my mom brought my lunch. It was a sandwich.

As soon as I finished, the door opened to reveal my father and Alyssa.

"We're here." Father said.

We all met in the living room, including Al.

"How're doing, Alyssa?" Mom asked.

"Good." She said.

"They were able to clean and stitch the wound back together." Dad explained.

"That's a relief." Mom said.

Dad and mom helped put Alyssa down on the couch.

"Thanks." Alyssa said.

"Raven, can I speak to you alone?" Dad asked.

"Yeah." I said.

We went to Alyssa's and my room. He closed the door once we entered.

"What's up?" I asked.

"The other vampire hunters and I were talking." He said.

"About?" I asked.

"Eliminating the Vampire Council." He said.

I gulped. Stelian was in the Vampire Council. What was going to happen?

"Where are we starting?" I asked.

"I was thinking about Morelock, however with the Minotaur guarding the gates we'll never be able to get in." Dad said."So we will be looking in different cities."

"But how do we know if they are a Council member?" I asked.

"We haven't gotten that far, but we'll be sending spies." He explained."I'll inform you of further information."

With that he left my room and closed the door behind him. I have to Stelian, he has to know.

I looked at my watch to see that the time was coming. It was close to midnight and I was going to make sure that they didn't close it up.

I called the main room through my watch and a guard answered. His face appeared through my screen.

"Miss Van Helsing, how may I help you?"

"I need you to keep the elevator going and prepare it for me." I responded."I am going for a midnight stroll."

"Very well as you command."

They did not question my commands, since I was the daughter of the leader of the Colony which was my father.

"And don't tell any of this to anyone, especially my father."

"Very well, it shall be ready for you once you arrive."

"Perfect." I said with a smile.

With that I hung up and grabbed my bag. I'm going to make my way to the forest once again.