Chapter 11: Are You On Our Side?

We soon reached the forest and we got off the elevator. The sun was long gone and the moon was out. A dark sky and complete silence caved in around us.

I looked down at my watch. Its light turned on to reveal the hour, it was one o' clock in the morning.

"We'll stay here." Scar said in a harsh tone.

"Alright." I replied.

"Good luck." Alyssa said with a warm smile.

"Thanks." I said as I flashed back a smile.

"Chop, chop! We don't have all night!" Scar demanded.

Geez. I said nothing more and I walked off into the Dark Woods. Once I walked in the Dark Woods, I found Stelian leaning against a tree with his hands in his pockets.

My heart fluttered at the sight of him. There were so many thoughts running through my head. I, however knew that my dad and the others were watching.

"Hey." He said as I approached him.

"Hi." I greeted.

He closed the gap between us and leaned in for a kiss. I tried to push him away, but he continued to kiss me each time with more passion.

"Stelian." I said as I tried pulling away.

He noticed this and pulled away. He scratched the back of his head as his cheeks turned rosy red.

"Uh-I am sorry about that." He replied.

"Don't worry about it." I said.

I took a deep breath. Well might as well get over with it.

"So Stelian, the other morning you said that they are minotaurs are guarding Morelock." I reminded him.

"Yes I remember, what if it?" He asked as he laid on the ground.

"Are there any minotaurs in other cities as well?" I inquired.

"Well of course." He replied like it was an obvious answer.

"How did you get them on your side, I mean didn't it take a lot of time?" I asked.

He chuckled."Oh Rav, there's so much yet you don't know about us vampires. We hypnotized a few minotaurs, then we mutated at least a thousand more."

A thousand more?! I almost had a heart attack upon hearing those words.

"Why so many?" I asked quite appalled.

"Well, my father thinks that there might be a war soon, so he didn't want to risk anything and he began to build any army." He explained."If anything he's still angry about the death of Uncle Drac."

This isn't good. Not one bit.

"Why are you asking so many questions all of the sudden?" He asked teasingly.

"Well, I was just curious." I replied hastily.

He chuckled."You're a strange girl, but that's what makes me love you more."

Ugh. Please don't say that. It hurts me so much.

I smiled."Aw, thanks."

"Enough mushy talk." I heard my father say through my earpiece.

"What did you say?" He asked.

Shit! I forgot that vampires can hear better than humans can.

"N-nothing." I said."I-I need to leave."

"Are you alright?" He asked."You have been acting weird."

"Me? Not at all." I replied hastily."See you tomorrow!"

With that I left and once I was out of the Dark Woods, I ran back near the hole where the Colony was.

The twilight sky was still around us. I soon found Alyssa and Scar who were waiting for me.

Scar wore a smug look as she patted my back.

"You are on our side, aren't ya?" She asked.

Alyssa and Scar both waited for my answer. I love Stelian with all my heart, but I can't betray my family. I am a Van Helsing and we kill vampires and other monsters...

"Yes, you can count on me." I replied.

Alyssa wore a small smile for she knew my situation. Scar seemed pleased and she wore the biggest smile I've ever seen.

We then jumped into the hole leading into the Colony. We walked into the main room with the big screens where dad, Vaiden, Damian, Taia, and Armarius were as well.

Everyone smiled as we walked in. Dad gave me a hug and once he pulled away he spoke.

"I knew you weren't a traitor." He said.

"You've proven yourself that you are loyal to your family." Aunt Leila added.

"Of course I am." I said."My family comes first."

I tried to ease the pain through my words, but Stelian came to mind and I felt guilty all over again.

"Just imagine Rav, with you're help we'll eliminate the entire vampire council and we'll free all humans around the world." Vincent said with enthusiasm.

"Yes, well that will take work." Alyssa chimed in."And I means lots of work."

"But that's where Rav can help us. She'll interrogate him furthermore so we can find out useful information." Dad explained.

They're deciding what I have to do in front of me. I can decided what to do!

"One thing is certain." I spoke up."We can't go to Morelock, especially with the minotaurs."

"She's right." Damian said."We need to find out where the other members are. We can maybe find survivors or hunters who will be willing to join us."

"Very well." Dad said."Raven shall continue this tomorrow. Now you all may go."

With that we were dismissed. Vaiden, Alyssa, and I walked out the building together.

"You don't have to keep interrogating him if you don't want to." Alyssa blurted as soon as we were outside the main building.

"Alyssa! What are you saying?!" Vaiden spat."Do you want her to help the enemy?"

"I don't but we mustn't force her to do anything against her will." Alyssa stated.

Before Vaiden could say anything I spoke up.

"Thank you Alyssa for worrying about me, but I'm fine with questioning him." I replied.

Vaiden gave Alyssa a you see look and she just scoffed in return.

"Whatever." Alyssa said.

"Anyways, let's get you two home." Vaiden said as he climbed on his motorcycle.

With that Alyssa and I got on his motorcycle as well. With that he took off from the ground.

I knew at that moment that I can't be with Stelian. Even if we love each other it would never be allowed, our families hate one another. We are different...