Chapter 1: The Colony

I don't own any pictures or videos. Hope you enjoy the story!

My name is Raven Van Helsing, my family on my father's side is related to the Van Helsing, the monster hunter. Unlike him, my family are vampire hunters, well because vampires are our main concern.

I have a younger brother named Al who's eleven years old. My mother is the only one who isn't a vampire hunter in our family.

The Vampire Nuntius are the police force of vampires who find humans and people like us. They have tried finding us.

Vampire hunters are considered dangerous and we are wanted. Instead of regular humans where they are enslaved, we will receive a death sentence once captured.

I was sitting on a boulder writing in my leather notebook. I was writing the sightings of vampires I found near the Morelock.

Morelock was the Capitol of the vampires and where the Head of the Vampire Council lived. His name is Malik Morelock, leader of the Vampire Council and of all vampires.

The Capitol is located where a city named San Francisco use to stand before the vampires took over. The other members of the Vampire Council lived in different cities and possibly countries.

I also drew pictures as well in my notebook whenever I was bored.

"Writing in your notebook again?" I looked up to see my best friend, Vaiden Blade. He had black slicked hair which was combed back with sparkling hazel eyes and a British accent.

He wore jeans, a white shirt, and a leather jacket. His family along with mine are the top two wanted among vampires. His mother's side was from Romania and his father's side was from Britain. Both sides were vampire hunters.

Now there are no countries, everyone from different countries is enslaved or killed by the vampires. Or they are hiding like us.

The vampires have created their own cities.

"Nice to see you too." I said with a smile.

We looked over at the horizon to find the sun going down. Shit!

"We have to go now." I said.

I quickly got up with the book in my hand and we both ran. We were heading back to our homes where the others were.

We lived underground where the vampires couldn't find us. We protected that area, so they wouldn't come near it.

We were very close to the area, when we saw the Vampire Nuntius already searching. They were coming towards our direction. Shit!

We hid behind a tree and fortunately they heard a noise in the other direction and they left.

"That was too close." I said.

"Yeah. C'mon we can't stop now." Vaiden said.

We then reached the area to find two of our guards armed. They were waiting for our return.

"Quickly get in." One of them said.

With that I jumped in the hole and I fell, until I reached a mattress. Once I got off the mattress, Vaiden came in as well. The two guards came down as well. It was their duty to close to hole and makes sure everyone was inside before closing it.

In this room, there were a few computers and a few of our people working behind the computers. There were more computers in the office room which was huge. In that room they tracked down vampires and everything else.

"Close it up!" The guard yelled out.

At that moment my father came in looking angry. Oh no...

"Everyone's here and we closed it up, sir." One of the guards said.