Chapter 3: Saved

I woke up to see the crossbow next to me. Yes! I tried to grab it, but I felt something tighten around my waist.

I looked down to find a green and black python. It's was going to kill me! I tried to look in my bag that was within my reach for something.

I was feeling weaker as it tightened around me even more. I dropped the bag to my side and I began to gasp for air. I was choking now, I was running out of oxygen.

At that moment there was a dark shadow and it pried the python off of me. It hissed at the dark shadow, however the shadow killed the python with its hands. The python was split into two pieces. It was a boy who looked like he was seventeen years old. He's strong, too strong.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"Yes, thank you." I said.

He helped me up and I made sure my crossbow was next to me.

"No problem." He said with a smile.

I could see him more clearly now. He had short blond hair with red glowing eyes. He had regular clothes on, no capes or anything like that.

"You're a vampire." I gasped.

I quickly picked up my crossbow and my bag as well.

"And you're a vampire hunter." He said shocked."Look I'm not going to do anything to you."

"You're not?" I asked.

"Why would I save your life?" He asked.

True, he did just save my life. He held his hand out.

"I am Stelian Morelock." He said.

I shook his hand. Morelock? Is he related to Malik Morelock?

"Raven Van Helsing." I said.

He gasped."Are you related to the Van Helsing?"

"Yes and are you related to Malik Morelock?" I asked.

"Yes, he's my father." Stelian said."You know if you are found-"

"I'll get killed, yeah I know." I said cutting him off."I just came back for my crossbow, when I hit a tree falling unconscious."

I don't think I should be talking to him. Dad will kill me enough as it is, I don't even know what time it is.

"I should go." I said.

As I was about to leave, he grabbed my wrist. Out of instinct, I got out off his grip and pinned him down on the ground as I pointed my crossbow at him.

He chuckled."You never fail to surprise me. I was just wondering if you will be here tomorrow."

I got off of him and he quickly got up. I lowered my crossbow as he straightened out his clothes.

"I-I don't know." I said."We shouldn't be seen together."

"What's the fun without a little danger?" He asked with a grin.

I sighed and flashed back a smile."Alright, what time?"

"I'll see you here at midnight." He said."Until then."

He then grabbed the back of my hand and kissed it. I tried not to blush as he smiled.

"I'll see you." I said.

With that I got out of the Dark Woods and looked at the sky to see a luminescent moon. I'm so dead!

I ran as fast as I could to the Colony and in the distance I saw the Vampire Nuntius and several of them.

They began to smell the area and I hid behind a tree as I tried to control my breathing.

I took a peak to see four of them. Near the Dark Woods which was a mile away, there were more, but Stelian was with them as if to distract them.

Our eyes met and he gave me a wink. He then continued to speak to them. I got my crossbow ready. I have to do this.

"Remember you're a Van Helsing." My father said."You are meant to be a vampire hunter."

"He was terrified, but he knew it was his destiny." Mr. Steward said."Like you know yours."

I took deep breaths. I don't know if this is my destiny, but I am a Van Helsing.

"I am a Van Helsing." I whispered.

With that I ran out and shot an arrow at the first vampire. It went straight into his chest and he fell with a thud.

The second one came running very quickly after me. I jumped just in time to avoid him and as he turned around I got my gun from my pocket. I pointed my gun at him and shot him straight on the head. He slowly fell to the ground.

The third vampire took me by surprise and tackled me to the ground. His fangs were close to my neck, however I reached out for my gun and shot him three times.

He eventfully fell down and the fourth one soon came rushing after me. Once he reached me, he pushed me to a tree and I fell with a thud. Ouch! That hurt my back.

The vampire came over to me as I tried to get up and grabbed my wrist. He injected his sharp claws in my skin and I began to scream. Blood was oozing out my arm as he continued. His eyes turned black and I knew he was planning on drinking my blood.

I kicked him in the crotch and he fell in pain. I ran for the crossbow and it shot his head. I panted as the four vampires' bodies laid beside me.

I grabbed holy water and poured some to each body to destroy the evidence. We don't want them knowing we were here.

With that I gathered my things and ran to the Colony. The hole was now covered with metal and I knocked on it.

"Please let me in." I said.

It soon opened and a guard came out.

"Miss Van Helsing?" He asked shocked.

"Long story." I said.

We soon got inside and they closed it up. Vaiden came into the room accompanied by my dad.

"Raven are you alright?" Vaiden asked.

"Yes." I said."Just a little hurt."

Dad didn't look angry at me for once.

"Vaiden told me everything and I owe you one." Dad said.

His eyes then travelled to my wrist which was covered with blood and I felt light.

I was about to fall when Vaiden grabbed me.

"Quick!" Dad yelled."We need help! My daughter is losing too much blood!"

I looked up to see Vaiden with a worried look.

"Stay awake, Raven." Vaiden said.

"Sorry Vaiden." I mumbled.

Vaiden's face was the last thing I saw before I lost consciousness once again.