Chapter 4: What's Out There

When I woke up, I was in a hospital bed and I looked around the room to see Vaiden and Alyssa in chairs.

They were both sleeping and the door soon opened to reveal mom and Al.

"Raven, you're awake." Mom said.

Vaiden and Alyssa soon woke up and smiled. They walked over to my side.

"Glad to see you awake." Alyssa said.

"You had us worried." Vaiden said.

"Where's dad?" I asked.

"He's at work once again, but he was worried sick about you." Mom explained.

Mom looked at her watch and she clasped her hands.

"Al, Alyssa we'd better get going you two have class." Mom said.

"Alright, bye." Alyssa said.

"Bye Raven!" Al said.

"Bye guys." I said.

"I'll see you later." Mom said giving me a kiss on my forehead.

With that the three of them left, leaving me alone with Vaiden. He brought his chair over and sat down next to me.

"Is my dad angry with me?" I asked.

"No." Vaiden said."He was actually worried about you."

"What happened to my stuff?" I asked getting up.

"Your stuff is on the chair." Vaiden said pointing to the chair."Now please lay back down."

I obliged and I slowly laid back with my head on the pillow. My left wrist was wrapped up in bandages. How long will I be in here?

"When can I leave?" I asked.

Vaiden shrugged his shoulders."Don't know, once the doctor comes we'll find out."

In the colony we didn't have many doctors, but there were several that stepped up and took the job. They actually turned out to be very good ones.

The doctor soon came in. He had combed brown hair with glasses. He looked like he was in his mid thirties.

"Raven Van Helsing, correct?" He asked looking down at his clipboard.

"Yes sir." I said.

"Pleasure to meet you." He said."Now I'm going to check your eyes."

He took out a small flashlight and turned it on. He held his finger out before my eyes.

"Now follow my finger."

My eyes followed it back and forth until he turned off the flashlight and put his finger down.

"Alright." He said as he wrote on some papers that were on the clipboard.

"You seem to be fine." The doctor said."We ran other tests on you as well and you are alright."

"So can she leave?" Vaiden asked.

"Yes, but I want her to keep those bandages on." The doctor said.

"For how long?" I asked

"A week or so should do the trick. For today I don't want you putting any pressure on your wrist and it will normal for you to feel pain." He answered."Now I'll be going now."

"Thanks doc." I said.

"Don't mention it." He said.

With that he walked out of the room. I got up with Vaiden's help.