Chapter 9: The Consequences

The next day, Alyssa woke me up. She sat down at one of our chairs while I remained seated on my bed.

"I heard your conversation with your parents." She said.

"You mean our parents." I corrected her.

She gave a small smile before returning to her point.

"What happened?" She asked."Did you really talk to a vampire?"

I sighed."Yes I did, his name is Stelian Morelock."

She gasped."That's Malik's last name? Is he related to him?"

I looked at the floor as I replied."Yes."

"Raven, why?"

"Alyssa, let me explain." I said, lifting my eyes off the ground."Stelian is unlike the other vampires, he's nice."

"What?" She asked shocked."They can't be capable of that. Not one of them, they're all evil!"

"But he's not." I protested.

"How can you so sure?!" She snapped.

"Because he saved me life!" I blurted out.

It slipped out and I never meant to say it. But it was the only way to get Alyssa to listen to me.

"What?" She gasped."You never told me."

"I didn't know how you would take it." I explained."Please Alyssa, don't be mad with me."

She sighed."Raven, answer me a question. Is he truly nice?"

"Yes." I replied hastily."More than you think, he's different than the other vampires."

She looked at the ground."Do you think he can find my parents?"

"Alyssa." I said softly.

"Sorry Raven, it's just that it slipped out. It's been eight years since I've seen them and I miss them!" She cried.

I got up and gave her a hug. I knew deep down she missed her parents.

"There, there." I said comforting her."You know what, I can ask Stelian about your parents and maybe ask them to write you a letter."

She wore a smile from ear to ear.

"That would be great!" She exclaimed.

"Yes, but I can't leave the Colony." I explained."Not even leave the house, until my dad tells me otherwise."

"Alyssa!" My mom called."The bus is here!"

"Sorry, I have to go." Alyssa said."But as soon as I'll help you. I'll think of a way while I'm at school."

"Thanks Alyssa." I replied.

With that she grabbed her bag and left the room. I climbed on the ladder and went into the small room. I sat down on the chair and looked out the window.

I sighed. Father needs to see that not all vampires are bad, just like I did.

"Raven?" I heard my dad say.

I walked out of the room and jumped down into my room. My dad was standing before me.

"Yes?" I asked.

"You're coming with me to my office." He explained.

With that we walked over to the main building and walked into his office where Aunt Leila, Vaiden, and Damian were waiting.

"Raven, take a seat." Dad said.

I sat down on a chair as the others stood near me. I wonder if they were informed of what I did.