Chapter 6: I Won't Hurt You

I made sure there were no Vampire Nuntius around. I walked deeper into the woods to find Stelian leaning against a tree.

"What took you so long?" He smirked as I approached him."I thought you weren't going to show up."

"It was a long day." I said.

"Are you feeling better?" He asked pointing to my wrapped up wrist.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said.

He chuckled.

"What?" I asked.

"You don't have to worry." He explained."I'm not going to turn you into the Nuntius. If I was I would've done it when I first found you."

I nodded."So how's life in Morelock?"

He shrugged his shoulders."It's alright, but I get tired of being there so I come here."

"And the humans?" I asked.

"Many of them are slaves or..." He trailed off.

"Or what?" I asked nervously.

He hesitated before answering."Don't be mad, but it was my father's idea, not mine."

"Alright."

"There are a few vampires that determine if a human will be a slave or blood cattle." He explained.

My eyes widened at his words."What?! How could they?!"

"Well the majority of the Vampire Council decided to do this, including my father." He said."I didn't want this however and I tried to convince him not to, but he ignored me."

"How many are on the Vampire Council?" I asked.

"There are six members in the Vampire Council and then there is my father. So there is seven in total."

He seemed kind and it seemed like he didn't really want this to happen.

"So you actually care for humans." I commented.

He nodded."I wouldn't do anything to hurt you or any human, sadly not many vampires are like me."

"You truly are kind." I said."I'm sorry about the way I treated you the other day."

"It's alright." He said with a smile."Hey how old are you?"

"Sixteen." I said with a smile."How old are you?"

He chuckled."You're going to have to guess."

"Sixteen?"

He shook his head.

"Nineteen?"

"Higher."

"Twenty?"

He chuckled."Keep going."

"I give up."

He smiled as he answered."I am one hundred years old."

My mouth dropped."You're old!"

We laughed for a while. He then spoke up.

"Yes well, but my father is older." Stelian said."He is three hundred years old."

"Wow." I said.

Then I remembered what my father told me. My sixth great grandfather which was Gabriel Van Helsing, the monster hunter, was hunting for legendary monsters.

He came across Dracula and his brother, Malik. And Malik just so happens to be Stelian's father.

He smiled."I remembered when I visited my uncle Dracula's castle."

I nodded. I knew what happened to Dracula, my sixth great grandfather, Gabriel killed him.

For what felt like hours, we were talking and I soon checked the time on my watch. It was three in the morning.

"I have to go." I said getting up.

"Wait." He said grabbing my good wrist.

I felt an electric sensation throughout my body. What was that?

"Will I see you tomorrow?" He asked.

I sighed."Alright, same time."

"Until then."

He leaned in and kissed my cheek. I felt much hotter and I tried not to blush. He smirked and whispered in my ear."You're blushing."

"Shut up." I said playfully pushing him away.

With that we went our separate ways and I ran towards the Colony. It was open for me and once I slipped in, it closed up.

I crept around and luckily I didn't find my father anywhere. I walked to the hospital and I went into Alyssa's room to find her sleeping.

No one was there inside besides her. I bet they all went back home. I took a seat on a chair and I drifted to sleep.