Chapter 14: Leaving

The next day at around six o'clock, Alyssa and I got up. We packed a bag filled with our necessities and we walked to the kitchen where Al, mom, dad, Alyssa, and I ate breakfast together.

We ate in silence. Dad had been planning this trip for years, but I never thought the day would eventually come...well none of us did. Once we finished eating breakfast, we gave mom and Al hugs.

"Do you have to go?" Al asked.

"I'm afraid we have to." Dad said.

"But we'll be back soon." I added.

"You promise?" Al asked.

Alyssa, dad, and I exchanged looks as we sought for the right words to utter. Al and mom grew worried at our silence.

"We promise." Dad said.

"Cross our hearts..." Alyssa hastily said.

"And hope to die." I added.

Al smiled.

"Be careful and good luck." Mom said.

"We will." Dad replied.

With that we left the house and made our way towards the main building. Once we reached the main building, we each grabbed a weapon from the weaponry room.

Dad grabbed a gun, while I took a crossbow, and Alyssa grabbed a gun as well.

We walked into the main room with the big screens where everyone from the list was.

Everyone was talking to one another, that is until dad cleared his throat.

"May I have your attention please?" Dad asked.

Everyone grew silent and once they did, he continued.

"We will be leaving momentarily, but first Alyssa here will do role call." Dad explained.

Alyssa then began to call the names in order of the list. Once my name was called, I said firmly,"Present."

Soon Alyssa was done and everyone she called was here. Dad looked at all of us before speaking."Alright, all vampire hunters and guards will have some sort of weapons. And Alyssa?"

"Yes?" Alyssa asked, raising her head.

"You'll be in charge of the Cibuses, so you may choose a weapon from the weaponry room." Dad said.

"Thank you so much sir!" Alyssa exclaimed.

She's wanted to handle a weapon ever since she was stepped foot out of the Colony.

He smiled."Please Alyssa, call me dad."

"Yes, dad." Alyssa replied with a smile.

I smiled. This was rare to see, but I'm glad he's warming up to Alyssa and finally considering her as another daughter of his.

"Alright, you heard my dad." I said in a loud voice."Vampire hunters, guards, and Alyssa follow me."

With that all vampire hunters, guards, and Alyssa followed me into the weaponry room.

"Ready to kick some vampires' asses?" Vaiden asked.

"Hell yeah." Taia replied."They'll crawl back from where ever the hell they came from!"

"You heard her, we're ready." I said.

Keiko laughed."I doubt you're afraid of vampires. After all, you're use to it by now."

"Well of course," Armarius added."Raven's a Van Helsing, it's in her blood."

I smiled. It was just like old times. We continued to chat as we picked our weapons. Alyssa grabbed a gun, while I grabbed a crossbow.