Chapter 5: The Beast

We soon reached the top and we looked around us. Damian and Vincent were waiting for us.

"Nice to see you cousin." Damian said to me.

"Nice to see you two as well." I said.

"So what's going on?" Damian asked.

"A few of our Cibuses are under attack." I explained.

"By what?" Vincent asked.

"That's the question." Taia said."We don't know."

"Speaking of which, where are they?" Keiko asked.

I turned on my watch and spoke into the speaker."Find Alyssa."

"Finding Alyssa." It said.

Then it showed me where she was and I looked around in the direction of Morelock. They're still there?

"They're near Morelock." I said walking forward."This way."

Leading the way, we ran near Morelock. The gates of the city were a few miles away and I turned to the right away from it. That's when I heard screaming coming from that direction.

"Alyssa!" I shouted.

"It's coming from that direction." Vaiden said.

We ran over to find Alyssa on the ground. She was cut up pretty bad and she was trying to crawl back to the Colony. There was a wound in her side and I saw her put one of her hands there.

"Alyssa." I said.

"Raven." She said in a weak voice.

"My gosh. We need to get you out of here." I said.

"Where are the other Cibuses?" Taia asked.

At that moment two other Cibuses came running towards us.

"It's coming for us." One of them panted.

"Alright Keiko and Vincent take Alyssa and the others back." I ordered.

"But we want to help." Vincent protested.

"That's an order." I demanded.

He sighed."Alright."

Vincent and Keiko helped Alyssa get up. They along with the two other Cibuses left. Damian, Vaiden, Taia, Armarius, and I remained there. I took a deep breath as I took a step forth.

"Let's see what attacked them." I said.

At that moment I felt something hit me hard and I fell back to hit the ground. I looked up to see an eleven foot beast. It had horns, with a ring on its nose, and a club in its hands. I know what it is...

"Look out!" Vaiden said.

It was about to hit me, when I rolled out of the way in time.

I got up and joined the others. We all used our weapons but it just came closer to us.

"It's not working." I said.

"Try striking it in the heart." Damian said.

I was about to when he raised his club in the air. At that moment we all fled. We all hid behind trees away from Morelock. I took a peak to see where it went. It wasn't following us, instead it went back to the glittering golden gates.

We walked out from the trees and met up with one another. It seemed like he was guarding the gates.

"Why did he go back?" Armarius asked.

"It appears that he's guarding the gates." Damian observed.

"But why?" Taia inquired.

"Don't know." Damian replied.