Chapter 14

I woke up rearing and ready to go. Where to? I had no idea but I wanted to get out again. I was sick of seeing the same walls and faces every day. The last few days had been so eventful. There was the accident on Monday, Tuesday I had spent the day worrying about my memory loss and crying for Denzil, Wednesday I went into town with Josh and Mr Clarkson and created the memory book for Rose, Thursday Rose had visited and Tariq had returned home yesterday. This week had been an intense week full of emotions and events which had occurred. It had honestly been one of the worst weeks of my life.

However I had mixed feelings of what was to be expected on Monday. It was the first day of the opening of the school but it was also going to be the first time I had not sat with Denzil in a lesson. I miss him so much and I would do anything just to be with him again. Looking over at the time on my phone I saw it was nine o'clock. I suddenly thought to myself that I hadn't spoken to my parents for a few days so I decided to give them a call. I picked up my phone and entered in the familiar number of my home phone. As I pressed the call button I prayed they would be awake as my parents woke up at a different time each week on a Saturday; sometimes they would wake up early and other times try would wake up later. It depends.

Luckily they were awake because the phone was answered after just three rings.

"Hello?" My dad said although it came out more like a question.

"Hi dad."

"Charlotte! It's good to hear from you again. How are you darling? Your mum has told us everything about the accident."

"Yeah I'm fine. It's weird without Denzil though." I sighed down the phone not wanting my negative tone to have an effect upon my dad.

"I know sweetie but things will get better. They always do."

"I don't know. I just can't believe I won't see him again dad, he was my best friend."

"Rose came around last night." My dad suddenly said interrupting my words. I immediately stopped what I was saying.

"Did she?" I wasn't expecting to hear this. I didn't think Rose would want to communicate to anyone else but her family after her visit to us. It must have brought back lots of memories.

"Yeah. She showed us all the gifts and told us to thank you as she knew you made one on your own."

"Yeah. I wanted to make her something because she was so lovely to me."

"That's what Rose said, she told us that she loved having you around and if you come to visit she would love for you to see her again."

"I would love to." Rose had been like a second mother to me.

"In fact I was going to ring you this afternoon to tell you this but you've already saved me a job here." He joked as though it was effort to talk to him own daughter. "So how is it up there then?"

"It's good yeah. I still can't get used to the accent though. I went into the town on Wednesday and it was so different to Rochdale."

"What do you mean?"

"The people you meet are different. I can't really describe it."

There was a muffled noise on the other end of the phone. "Sorry Char that was your mum. I have to go now. We're going into town for a course we're training youngsters in."

"What sort of course is it?"

"A drug one. We need to let all the youngsters know about the dangers of it."

"That's good of you. Okay then I'll speak to you soon. Say hello to mum for me."

"Okay. I love you Char. Take care."