Chapter 5

I woke up to sunlight shining brighty into my eyes. Today I was going to put things right with Denzil. I got up and woke Lewis up instructing him to get ready as Chlo, Donte and Izzie would be coming around sometime this morning. He grunted as he pulled himself out of the bed. I rolled my eyes and walked into the bathroom to get ready for the day which lay ahead of me. An hour later and there was a knock at the door, I opened it and the three of them strutted in.

"Morning." Chlo said.

"Good morning." Lewis and I said in unison.

"You decided what you're going to do today Charlotte?"

"Yeah i'm going to go round to Denzil's and apologise. He's not mad at me is he?" I asked afraid of the answer.

"Of course not! By the way, this is my husband Donte and my daughter Izzie." She said gesturing to the two stood by her side.

"It's nice to meet you." I said to them both. Donte grinned at me and Izzie gave me a hug. She didn't give Lewis one though as I think she was a bit afraid of him which made me laugh.

We chatted for about half an hour until I made up my mind to go round to Denzil's house. I left the four of them in my house as I trusted Lewis with my house as he treated everything of mine as his and he wouldn't want his house to get trashed. Chlo offered to come round there with me but I refused telling her that it was my mess and I would sort it out myself. She thought it was mature of me to think like that and instead she texted Denzil letting him know he was to expect my arrival.

"I'll see you later." I said to Chlo, Donte and Izzie. "It was nice to meet you."

"Good luck!" They all said. Izzie didn't understand the situation but she had decided that today was the day she was going to act like daddy and she was following each action Donte took, much to his annoyance.

They also told me that by the time I got back home, they would had probably left so Chlo told me to have a good time at school and she would arrange a night for me and my family to go around. She also said this included Lewis as she saw how close we were and she much liked this new and imporved Lewis.

I made my way down Denzil's drive worried about the reaction I was going to get. I began to get myself worked up, thinking of all the possible outcomes of this. To me, it seemed more than likely that Denzil would want nothing more to do with me. I reached his front door deep in thought. I reahced out and rang the doorbell. In no time at all the door opened to reveal Denzil. He looked sick with worry.

"I'm sorry."

He didn't say anything as soon as I spoke and it was then I realised he no longer wanted to be my friend. I was about to turn around and head back home as soon as I felt the tears prickle in my eyes but before I could make sense of what was going on, Denzil had his arms wrapped around me in a hug. It was only then I realised he was crying.

"You have nothing to be sorry for. Can we just forget about it and carry on like we were before we came back to my house?" He asked and there was a look in his eye which made me want to kiss him so baldly. I realised I loved him. It was most definately love at first sight.