Chapter 19

I stretched upwards as I allowed my eyes to adjust to the light. A small smile rested on my face as I remembered it was a Saturday. A day off school! I needed a break from all the work. My smile then turned into a frown as I realised that it would be the last full day I spent with everyone here in the school house.

After lying in bed for another half hour, I decided to get up. Mainly because I didn't want to waste the day in bed. It was a nice day I discovered from looking out of the window; I didn't want to waste it in bed. Instead, I wanted to spend as much time as possible with my family here at Waterloo Road. I quickly showered and changed then headed downstairs to breakfast.

"Give it back!"

"Make me fatty!"

This is the lovely quiet sound I was greeted by as I walked into the kitchen. Scout was tormenting Rhiannon by waving Rhiannon's favourite jumper in front of her. There was no sight of any of the other teachers.

"You two pack it in." I instructed before pouring myself a bowl of cereal.

Scout threw Rhiannon's jumper by the stairs so Rhiannon pushed her aside to go and claim it.

"You're up early aren't you?" Scout pointed out.

"Yeah well I want to make the most of my last day here. I don't wanna waste the day away."

"Fair point. It's gonna be weird when you've left here. It's just gonna be me and Phoenix left."

"I know but we will stay in touch, won't we?"

"Of course. You're my best friend. Right I'm gonna go and get ready before Rhiannon destroys my room."

"Okay. Talk to you in a bit. Go then!"

I then continued my breakfast in silence. Phoenix never came down for breakfast but I thought nothing of it as it was the weekend. He was probably having a lie-in.

As soon as I had finished my breakfast I headed straight to my room to pack my belongings. I headed into the spare room to grab my suitcase. As it was an empty room, it was treated like an attic where all of the items we didn't need to use were left.

"You alright in there Charlotte?" I heard a voice as I struggled to retrieve my suitcase from the far corner.

"Yeah. It's just my suitcase is stuck." I admitted embarrassed that I seemed pathetic in being unable to take a suitcase out of the room without any help.

"Here let me help you." I was pushed gently to the side whilst my suitcase was pulled out of the corner. It looked so easy to do. I felt pathetic.

"Thanks Rob."

"It's okay." Rob replied. You're probably wondering who Rob is. He comes in once a month to help Tariq. I think it's really nice of him. "So I hear it's your last day today."

"Yeah I'll be going back to Rochdale tomorrow. I just can't handle everything now Denzil ain't around."

"You two were so close from what Tariq has told me. You're a strong person Charlotte getting through everything. Never forget that."

A smile formed at my lips. "I won't. Thanks Rob it means a lot."

"It's not a problem. So anyway how are you planning on spending your last day here?"

"I was just gonna pack, maybe go into town and then spend the rest of the day with everyone here."

"That sounds great." He gave me a thumbs up. "I better go and see to Tariq before he starts to worry."

"Yeah it's fine I better go and pack!"

"If I don't see you before you leave. Have a safe journey back home. I hope you're happy over there. At least you've got your family for support now."