Chapter 18

Rising early from a very detailed dream I had had last night of a date with Denzil I looked with boredom around the room. The sun wasn't up yet but this wasn't surprising as it was October. I looked over at my phone and saw that it was only half six. This meant I had half an hour until the bell rang. I was so tired but I knew that if I would've gone to sleep once again, I would have not been able to get back out of bed.

So I settled at having an early start to the day. As I was the first up I went and got a quick shower. This was lucky because most people wanted to shower before school so I usually showered at night instead. After my shower I got changed into my uniform and straightened my hair. By the time the bell rang, I was ready to go to school. I quickly checked my school bag to make sure I had all the correct items and when I was satisfied with this, I went downstairs to give Miss Croft a hand with the breakfast. It was only fair.

"Morning Miss." I said as I walked through the dining room doors.

Miss Croft turned around and as soon as she saw me in my uniform she jumped. "Good morning pet. You're up bright and early!"

"I know. I was up at half six so I decided to get up and have the first shower."

"Good on you! The only time I see you lot move so quickly is to be the first one in the bathrooms."

I laughed. "Is there anything I can help you with?"

"Thank you for offering Charlotte! That's lovely of you. Could you please put out the cereals?"

"Yeah sure. No problem." I opened the cupboard and pulled out all the necessary food containers which already had cereals in. I then placed them on the table which they went on in the corner. "Do you want me to do anything else?"

"No that's all. Thank you you've been a great help."

"It's not a problem. I guess I'm going to miss it here."

Miss Croft stopped in her tracks. "What do you mean?" She turned to face me.

"Umm I'm leaving." I admitted. "I spoke to Mr Byrne about it yesterday and he says it's okay. I need to talk to him about it again to arrange the last minute details."

"Aw Charlotte. It won't be the same without you here." I smiled at the comment.

"Why what's going on?" I gasped and turned at the figure in the doorway.

"Nothing's going on." I tried my best to reassure him.

"Sure. Now tell me." Tariq demanded answers.

"Okay okay. I'm leaving."

"When?" He seemed surprised at my answer.

"The first Sunday of half term."

"You mean this Sunday?" He was even more surprised.

"Yes." They both seemed surprised by my answer and I noticed the crushed look on Tariq's face. "Mr Byrne has said I am more than welcome to come back again but right now I need to be with my family more than anything."

"I understand. You must come and see us though." Miss Croft said.

"I will." I didn't want to just leave and loose all contact with them. I would want to see them again because they are like a family to me in a strange way.

"You're such a good girl." Miss Croft said making me all embarrassed.

"I'll miss you Char. You and Josh are the only ones who have kept me sane. You more than Josh." Tariq said.

"When are you going to tell everyone?" Maggie asked curiously waiting for my answer.

"After I've spoken to Mr Byrne I will make it official. I hate keeping this from everyone."