Chapter 16

Yesterday had been a very eventful first day so I hoped things would be a lot calmer today. Today was Denzil's memorial which should've happened yesterday but even if it would have gone ahead it would not had been fair upon Denzil. It would had seemed as though the school were making a mockery of his innocence. Obviously they weren't.

"Everyone. Breakfast now." Mr Budgen shouted up the stairs. From the level of noise he had produced it sounded as though not a single pupil had gone down for their breakfast yet. I sighed then got off my bed and headed downstairs.

"Rhiannon's hogging the bathroom." I heard Scout shout to Mr Budgen from the stairs behind me. Those two have got extremely worse towards each other these last few days but now I know for a fact that it was Rhiannon causing it all.

"If you're not out of there in three seconds I'm coming in." Wow, someone was in a bad mood today. I could see from his posture that he would loose his patience really easily this morning. He was clenching his fists at his sides and standing tall; something he did when he was angry.

I poured myself a bowl of cereal and took a seat next to Jade. She had moved in with us as she had nowhere else to go. I chuckled to myself at the sight in front of me. I honestly thought Mr Budgen was going to burst.

Phoenix left his seat and walked up the first three steps of the stairs before he was stopped. "Where do you think you're going?" Mr Budgen asked.

"I need to go and do my hair." I choked upon the spoonful of cereal I was chewing because I knew for a fact Phoenix had to look after his wild hair, if not it went mega static as though he had been attacked by an electric socket.

"Table now. Everybody. Anyone not in the dining room in five seconds gets no breakfast." Mr Budgen shouted to the stairs. His face went a familiar shade of red and as we all know, red is the colour of anger.

"What's all the shouting about?" Tariq came wheeling in with a bored Josh behind him. I hadn't seen Mr Clarkson since school yesterday. I wonder where he's been.

"A new regime." Mr Budgen told him.

"Too much dilly dallying in the morning. From now on everybody at the tables by eight o'clock." Miss Croft said. I still feel cheeky calling her Maggie and I have no idea why.

"Or you forfeit your breakfast." Mr Budgen added.

"That's well not fair?" Harley moaned as he headed towards the cereal table. He really was a mini Phoenix.

"Our house our rules. Isn't that right Mr Budgen?" Maggie said to him all loved up.

"Indeed it is Miss Croft." Mr Budgen said just as lovey dovey before picking up his knife and fork. "Right now that calm has been restored, we can all enjoy our break-" A car siren cut off his words.

"What the hell is that?" Miss Croft asked. It was a weird noise for a car alarm to make.

Mr Budgen pushed the table allowing his breakfast to spill over the floor and went racing to the front door before shouting "MY CAR ALARM!"

Scout, Phoenix and a few others followed him but I stayed behind with Tariq and Rhiannon. As soon as he was out if earshot we laughed. It was such good timing for his alarm to go off. Mr Budgen came storming back in and went raging upstairs. Miss Croft followed him leaving us all alone together.

"What happened?" Tariq asked before rudely adding, "well are you going to tell us or what?"

"Those Havelock kids have vandalised his car." Phoenix told us all.

"It looks a right state." Scout added. I noticed Rhiannon once again scoff at her input. She needed to so some serious growing up.

Havelock was another school in the area. Unfortunately for us they were out to get us as they were the best school before we arrived. Now most people want to come to Waterloo Road instead so you can see the resentment and hatred to us from that school.